I bought today.....

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Today I heard "whispers" re Golf Depot and Callaway.

Would be interested in this one to. As I have mentioned earlier in this thread golf depot sent me the incorrect club

When I approached a pro shop regarding a trade they wouldn’t take the club as it was purchased from golf depot.

The pro shop advised me golf depot don’t have an account with Callaway so they don’t know where they were getting the clubs from and for that reason couldn’t give me a trade in

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you spoken to Callaway yet about this?
If I'd bought that and someone was doubting whether it was genuine or not, I'd have been on the phone straight away.

No haven't contacted them with everything else going on at the moment but will give them a call to see what their take on it is

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A cheap digital inclinometer / angle finder.
Now I can at last check all the lofts of my iron sets so I'll have some clue (even if only a small one) of how far I'm likely to hit the irons I'm using on that day.

D

Deleted member 1740

Would be interested in this one to. As I have mentioned earlier in this thread golf depot sent me the incorrect club

When I approached a pro shop regarding a trade they wouldn’t take the club as it was purchased from golf depot.

The pro shop advised me golf depot don’t have an account with Callaway so they don’t know where they were getting the clubs from and for that reason couldn’t give me a trade in

I'd be very very surprised if theres anything untoward going on. The shop is always chocker and has been there for at least 15yrs iirc. If it was selling hooky gear I'd have guessed it'd be shut by now.

I do know hes not an authorised dealer to sell clubs/shoes but of all the people I know who have spent good money there over the last 15 yrs or so theyve never had any issues with snide gear.

The shoe issue is if you buy a pair of FJ and after 6months the leak as they usually do he cany send them back to FJ as your pro would.

Solidthreeputt

Visit site
I risked it with them last month when things were pointed out on here as being cheap and got a pair of shoes, a bag and two boxes of balls and it was all processed and delivered within a week. Can’t complain, thankfully.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd be very very surprised if theres anything untoward going on. The shop is always chocker and has been there for at least 15yrs iirc. If it was selling hooky gear I'd have guessed it'd be shut by now.

I do know hes not an authorised dealer to sell clubs/shoes but of all the people I know who have spent good money there over the last 15 yrs or so theyve never had any issues with snide gear.

The shoe issue is if you buy a pair of FJ and after 6months the leak as they usually do he cany send them back to FJ as your pro would.

I honestly don't think there is any issues regarding the authenticity either but I can see where the pro shop is coming from with regards to not offering a trade on it.

i think the fact he was £200 less than the online retailers and £100 less than pro shops for the club maybe raised a few suspicions.

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
I honestly don't think there is any issues regarding the authenticity either but I can see where the pro shop is coming from with regards to not offering a trade on it.

i think the fact he was £200 less than the online retailers and £100 less than pro shops for the club maybe raised a few suspicions.

What price were you looking to get for it from the pro? It’s very unusual that they wouldn’t take it as a trade in unless you wanted a new price or to swap heads

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What price were you looking to get for it from the pro? It’s very unusual that they wouldn’t take it as a trade in unless you wanted a new price or to swap heads

Didn’t get that far in the conversation to be honest. When I told him where it was bought from they couldn’t offer me any sort of deal to trade for the Max

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
People still ordering from Golf Depot, I'm wondering if I'm on Gambler's Anonymous forum by mistake. :LOL:
Okay I'll own up!

Even though I was let down before (I think he sent all the balls to D4S already), I noticed the mavrik hybrid was down in price again the other day (to similar to the 2nd hand rogues I'd been looking at) so took a punt.

Has just arrived. Head in wrapping, and looks good to my untrained eye. One thing to note though - the grip is a Golf Pride Tour Velvet DEMO.
Pure speculation, but maybe this is stock originally intended to go to shops for demo purposes that never happened and so is being moved on.

Daveg99

Visit site
A couple more polos, 1/4 zip footjoy jacket, a bushnell rangefinder, new shoes, 2 new bags, matching towels and a glove.
The wife hates me

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I seem to still be preparing for Autumn with another long sleeved polo and 2 gilets having arrived - it's almost as if I know something ??
Ordered the two expecting to send the least favourite back, but liked them both.
Also, ordered a polo made by Island Green because I liked the styling. Not tried them before & I try to view all brands with an open mind.