Hybrid Irons

AidanC_83

Visit site
Hello fellow golfers,

Just a quick question. I am looking to purchase some hybrid irons. Firstly, which make and set out of the ones listed below do you think are best. And, secondly, some people on the reviews are hinting or joking that it's almost like people are cheating by using them, as they are a lot more forgiving and give you sometimes extra distance. The funny thing is the people reviewing them are normally experts or semi-pros and in the end they normally say they find then really fun...What are your thoughts?

WaZaki Hybrid Iron Set: Amazon.co.uk: wazaki
LAZRUS GOLF Premium Hybrid Golf Clubs: RH Set 4-PW (7pc): Amazon.co.uk : LAZRUS GOLF
Eleven Hybrid Set 5-PW: https://www.eleven-golf.com/product-page/eleven-hybrid-set-5-pw

There is also a price difference between the sets. Has anybody had any experience with these makes, with regards to quality. Is it worth paying a premium?

PS: I used to play a lot of golf and considered myself good with descent consistency with my shots, but I have not played for 6 years and want to get back into it. Do you think hybrids would be good for me?

Thanks for any advice. Aidan.

Mandofred

Visit site
Hello fellow golfers,

Just a quick question. I am looking to purchase some hybrid irons. Firstly, which make and set out of the ones listed below do you think are best. And, secondly, some people on the reviews are hinting or joking that it's almost like people are cheating by using them, as they are a lot more forgiving and give you sometimes extra distance. The funny thing is the people reviewing them are normally experts or semi-pros and in the end they normally say they find then really fun...What are your thoughts?

WaZaki Hybrid Iron Set: Amazon.co.uk: wazaki
LAZRUS GOLF Premium Hybrid Golf Clubs: RH Set 4-PW (7pc): Amazon.co.uk : LAZRUS GOLF
Eleven Hybrid Set 5-PW: https://www.eleven-golf.com/product-page/eleven-hybrid-set-5-pw

There is also a price difference between the sets. Has anybody had any experience with these makes, with regards to quality. Is it worth paying a premium?

PS: I used to play a lot of golf and considered myself good with descent consistency with my shots, but I have not played for 6 years and want to get back into it. Do you think hybrids would be good for me?

Thanks for any advice. Aidan.
I've got the Eleven 8-pw....they scratch up easily, but I'm more than happy with them. A higher ball flight and a little more distance for me over metal irons. Price was good as well.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
I've seen the 11 reviews & a mate of mine plays with a set of Cleveland hybrid irons.
It really depends what your looking for?

The hybrid irons will be easier to hit (especially from the rough)
They will go higher & probably slightly longer (depending on loft )

The downsides will be
Not easy to shape the ball
A possible lack of feel around the greens
They can balloon very high into a wind

But, I would imagine to a new golfer or someone returning after a long layoff They maybe very confidence inspiring.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not used a whole set but I had a 5/6 hybrid a couple of years ago when I couldn't hit my old 6 iron very well. It was 27° or something around that number. Obviously the advantage would be how easy it was to launch the ball in the air when I struggled to do that with the iron. But the downside - and ultimately the reason I stopped using it - was the one dimensional ball flight, always a really high fade, which was pretty useless in any kind of wind so the carry distance became very variable.

Nowadays I still have a 23° hybrid for various lies as a 5 iron replacement but I wouldn't get one any higher loft than that.

Also, having say only 130 yards in and looking down at a hybrid in your hands must be super weird. I can't imagine it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@Orikoru a mate has just bought the Cleveland versions. They aren't a full hybrid, it's a halfway house between the two. Hard to describe until you have one in your hand. I hit his 6 iron once and it was ridiculously easy to hit, the ball went high and a very decent distance. I'd like to try more of them, see what they are like.

It didn't feel like hitting a hybrid, didn't look like one from above. It looked more like a chunky iron, a big confidence giver.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have a look in the for sale section on the forum there’s a Cleveland Halo hybrid set that were on sale.

Maybe gone now but it would give you idea of price and there’s also photos.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Hybrids are definitely more versatile and I dropped my 4 and 5 irons for the equivalent hybrids and not looked back
So did I. Then I thought there was a gap between the 5 hybrid and the 6 iron. So I bought the 6 hybrid. Then I decided that I was having difficulty in the kikiyu rough in South Africa so I bought the 3 hybrid second hand from Golfbidder. No room anymore for my 60 wedge so constantly rethinking.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
The eleven hybrids are good, I’ve got 8 to PW and thinking of getting the 7.
I’ve had to get these as I’ve suffered with the shanks for the last 8 years. Have a lesson everything’s good for a month then back they come 😂

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The eleven hybrids are good, I’ve got 8 to PW and thinking of getting the 7.
I’ve had to get these as I’ve suffered with the shanks for the last 8 years. Have a lesson everything’s good for a month then back they come 😂
I had the same issue with shanks, the only way I could get over them was to switch to hybrids. Got 3 and 5 Ping G425, 7 and 8 Callaway ST Max, and a 9 Eleven in the bag. Sounds a right ragbag collection, but works well in the main.