Mizuno JPX 921 Tour Irons

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone play Mizuno JPX 921 Tour Irons.....
Been offered a set 4 - PW for £400 bucks, they have done approximately 6 rounds.
Seems like I couldn't go wrong at that price, even if I never got on with them.
I normally hit hybrid equivalents of 4 & 5 irons, which is making me think they might not be for me.
They do look lovely though 😂
Thoughts appreciated.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Well...if you hit hybrid equivalents for 4 and 5 irons then nothing is forcing you to play the 4 and 5 iron from the set....6-PW seems pretty standard these days.

As long as they haven't got anything outrageous shaft wise then I'm sure they will be playable....and if you find you don't get on...then you'll probably get most of your money back selling them on.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I got a set of these when they came out
During the fitting, swinging as well as I could, I was striping the ball - my dispersion was 3 yards left, 3 yards right....distance was good for the relatively weak lofts.
Got them out on the course and when I hit the middle they were fantastic.
Miss the middle and they were miserable..
On a good swing day I'd play them but I'd need that good swing all day
Anything average to poor was severely punished....
They just didn't give me enough help.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
What shafts would be my first question. If its something you've already tried, great. These were a sort of players iron, though reasonable forgiving, not as much as the more GI below. Have a hit before buying would be my advice Brian

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got a set of these when they came out
During the fitting, swinging as well as I could, I was striping the ball - my dispersion was 3 yards left, 3 yards right....distance was good for the relatively weak lofts.
Got them out on the course and when I hit the middle they were fantastic.
Miss the middle and they were miserable..
On a good swing day I'd play them but I'd need that good swing all day
Anything average to poor was severely punished....
They just didn't give me enough help.
I use mp20 7-PW and have 5-6in hmb … same situation, poor strikes just leave you short. I put my old ping i15s in the bag, and despite their age and my own degradation, I scored far better. The yardage consistency was better, so the confidence levels increased and it was win win.
But try, because we are all are different.