Hunter Mahan

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Any one read his comments about the Ryder cup on BBC sport this morning. Sounds like he doesn't want to play in it. If the yanks genuinely feel like he does, it is only a matter of time before the plug is pulled.

T

thecraw

Well thats fine then we can play the Aussies instead, Norman and co are always going on about the history of the Ryder Cup and how its something he feels as though he has missed out on.

Yanks are just sore losers thats all. If they were winning every bloody year it would be a different story. Now that they are getting humped and rodgered every match they suddenly dont think its worth the effort.

On another note, they get paid millions every year through prize money and sponsorship and they greet like wains for a week out of their lives once every 2 years. GTF and get a reality check.

Its not as if they are asked to stay in a 2 star B+B and make their way down to the local 9 hole municipal course either. Some people are so bloody ungrateful of the life they have.

*** OF THE WEEK AWARD!

(RANT OVER NOW--------I THINK!)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thing is, if he hasn't ever played in one, he must have picked up this attitude from other guys who have played, and possibly will be playing this year.

Think Europe might be worth a punt down the bookies this year if that is the attitude.

Or may be he has just spoken to Tiger.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Won't qualify and won't get picked. I sense a feeling of jealousy rather than anything else. I think he can eel the atmosphere around the event building and the talk in the locker room about who needs to what this week to get into the qualifying spots and he realises he won't be there.

I think the competition will last because there are still enough Americans with a sense of the history of the game to want it to do so albeit there may come a tme when it will acquire a sponsor to make endorsement payments.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I thought they had semi sorted the money issue when they gave the yanks $100k each to give to a charity of their choice, because they couldn't be paid to turn up, but didn't want to do it for nothing.

It must be hell, staying in a five star hotel for a week, free food, free booze, free golf, free plane tickets to get there, free massages, free leisure club, free chauffeur driven limos, etc. Can't imagine any one wanting to do this.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hes pathetic-to suggest the players are slaves is totally worng-He should read the history of his own country and the horrible times the original blacks suffered as slaves and he may have cause to regret his actions.

His attitude is totally at variance with the attitude of the USA basketball team and their Stars who are desperate to win the gold medal and put the NBA stars on top of the tree again.

The only reason the Presidents Cup is fun is the yanks keep winning.

Hes a plonker and as we say in Ireland--
Pog mo thoin--translated as kiss my arse.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I seem to remember there was muted suggestions about making the Ryder Cup a global affair with an team from Asia/Australia coming in and the winning team playing them, and the winner then playing the nation that sat out the previous event.

Not sure whether it is a good idea or not but I can see a time in the near future where it will become a sponsored event thereby ensuring the precious tour players get payment for appearing

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I think he stands alone with his absurd comments.

When Jim Furyk was asked to comment after his round yesterday, as well as looking somewhat annoyed, he said he knew nothing of it and would have to have a word with Mahan to find out what he had said.

I think every American who competes in the Ryder cup does so because he wants to. The "we couldn't care less" suggestion is way off the mark, as the look on Jim Furyks face confirmed.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
if players picked for the ryder cup team they have all the money they will ever need unless hunter as a john daly gambling addiction,the history of the event being part of it must feels better than a few extra grand in the bank

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree with thecraw....absolute idiot.

What does he want....money.....(can't be).....respect....(well, mate, come over and win the thing).....smaller food.....(do what the rest of us do when we don't want 7 courses and 2 bottles of plonk, leave it!).....when I think of some of the great US players of the past who really wanted to so this, I'd say he's bang out of order. Can't see Furyk, Cink, Leonard etc. not wanting to have a crack....

If I was the captain, I'd drop him for his comments, even if he was top 5 material......clearly won't want to try if he's so anti the whole thing.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
what's the selection criteria, top 8 then captain's picks?

if that is the case he's currently at 11 - so no danger of being selected.

I think problems could arise if he made the top 8 and was dropped. yank's just love to sue, hence the reason why druggie american athletes usually get short bans.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Firstly, i don't think he'll make the team, which could be why he's said this, just to save face.
Secondly who is he? what's he won?
Thirdly.... Stay at home you $*&$, Ther are dozens of others that would gladly play just for the honour... Take up solitaire :mad:

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yanks are just sore losers thats all. If they were winning every bloody year it would be a different story.
They WERE winning every bloody year and they got fed up with it in the 1970s. It was the Americans who suggested including Europeans in the Ryder Cup to make it a contest.
Come on, theCraw. Give us one example of an American golfer who has whinged about getting beat. Nicklaus? Trevino? Watson? Miller? Woods?.
On the subject of ''sore losers'', we've got plenty this side of the Atlantic! Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson, Fernando Alonso, Sergio Garcia etc. Not to mention Rangers fans in Manchester.