How's your course bearing up in this exceptionally wet weather?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
We're fully open, firm under foot and greens running pretty well considering they've been given another pencil core again.

A couple of bunkers under water which are earmarked to be redone over the next few months.

Practice area also fully open. Tremendous stuff.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We're fully open, firm under foot and greens running pretty well considering they've been given another pencil core again.

A couple of bunkers under water which are earmarked to be redone over the next few months.

Practice area also fully open. Tremendous stuff.
downside to yesterdays nice weather, very heavy frost last night winter greens today

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here in sunny Bromley, both courses have been closed for the best part of a week and next inspection not until 27th so no cheeky 9 holes Christmas morning. Even our driving range has been closed as the balls are plugging. We have had 660mm of rain so far this year which is up 50% on the average with about 110mm just this month so far. Still, not as bad as 2014 (yet) when we had over 800mm in the year. That may not sound much compared to some parts of the country but unfortunately we have a small river running through the courses (The Quaggy) that collects a huge amount of run off surface water from a large hospital and Sainsbury superstore and car parks upstream, so quickly floods. This normally drains quickly but nor while the ground is saturated.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure any courses are open this part of kent, heard North Foreland is closed and that's on chalk !

Well, we had yet another day yesterday of rain, rain, rain. This morning we had some drizzly rain around 8 which only affected the first 3 groups out from 8.30. After that it was brilliant - sun came out and it felt like a cold Spring day. The course was in unbelievably good condition and I even managed to play 1 below handicap with 37 points. Most thrived in the conditions with 3 on 43 points - no bandits, handicaps 8, 9 and 10.

D

Deleted member 25172

Was sent this picture today which says it all - not good.

17CC1B88-BADC-4EFA-8245-735A5B7BC6F7.jpeg

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Took to our local links today. Much more fun than soft parkland conditions. We did get soaked on the last 2 holes but it was lovely for the most part.

Highlight of the day. A tap in bird on stroke index 1. Driver, 5 wood to just past the hole. How it didnt go in I'll never know. Partly due to the shot being straight into the sun. Haha

D

Deleted member 17920

How was it, were there in the morning, no rain since I believe.
Wasn’t bad at all considering how much rain we have had. It even rained today whilst playing.

Very playable but 11 and 13 were both on temps and that’s understandable considering we are lucky to be playing

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My course finally succumbed and was closed all this weekend with massive puddles around. Since I'm off work now I've got my fingers crossed it might be back open tomorrow so I can get a round in.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great day out on the course today, firm under foot and not a sign of a puddle or any lying water. suppose that's Links golf for you.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ours is shut for the weekend and unlikely to open before Christmas.

Heads up for anyone in the northern home counties - we went to Royston today. Great heath/Downland track, firm underfoot for the most part and very playable. Really fun golf.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We’ve been shut for 4 days now. Walked the dogs over the course today and the fairways weren’t too bad but the greens looked very wet.

The forecast looks a lot better for the next few days so it should open back up in a day or so.