How's your course bearing up in this exceptionally wet weather?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Closed yesterday and today and likely to be all over the weekend, some holes and greens completely submersed!

Booked myself a few tee times between now and New Years at Woodhall Spa to keep the cold turkey under control..

Wolf

Visit site
Course closed again all weekend earliest possible review is Monday morning, however have just been for a run around the lanes and the tracks down by the course. Its hard to see it being opened again this year, so much standing water, the greens i could see were full of puddles, bunkers were like mini ponds.

dronfield

Visit site
Our club has a no closure policy - we have 3 holes that are used in winter play, in order to protect 3 newer holes that were constructed 14 years ago and dont drain particularly well.
Course was wet today after a weeks rain, but still only had 2 temps in play (think they had 11 temps yest).
i only joined the club 12 months ago, but have been really impressed with how it is run, course condition, and communication to the members.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Comp cancelled today, but course was open with 6 temps. It's a cliff top course that drains exceptionally well, but it just cant cope with this deluge.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been closed all week and email at lunchtime to say the big Christmas Comp off as we're already closed tomorrow (this comp would only normally get pulled if Global Thermonuclear War had been declared)

Hosing it down as I type and has been raining on and off since noon.

We have tee times for Monday but even though tomorrow looks dry we must be so saturated already that I'm about 90% sure we'll be closed Monday too - and rightly so.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great day for a game on The Links today was rather warm for this time of year and the course was in super condition, looking forward to another round tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 17920

Great day for a game on The Links today was rather warm for this time of year and the course was in super condition, looking forward to another round tomorrow.
You are lucky you get to choose ?is Gleneagles a tad damp?

D

Deleted member 17920

After the rain all day today I would be surprised if we was open tomorrow.

It rained non stop for 20hrs.

The putting green was like a lake when I left.

We have the best draining course in the area and it can only take so much.

God only knows what the other courses are like.

My drive home tonight was aquaplane fest.
Well it turns out we was open today so I will be playing in the morning.

Didn’t expect that.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course closed yesterday. Open today for comp. Some standing water in 1 or 2 places but generally drained well. Might be closed tomorrow or Monday with the rain fall. Still no trolley bans either.