How you view brands of clubs

Wolf

Visit site
Have a look at the Mizuno S18 Range.(y)
Had a go of them last week at the range didn't like them, I wanted to because they looked lovely and like the fact they go up in 1dgree increments so gave me more options but they just didn't feel right for me when hitting shots with them.

Have tried a few Wedges over the last few weeks and I'm narrowed down to Cleveland RTX 3 as the shape is so similar to my 588s and like how they sit or Callaway MD4, I'm off work next week so hoping to get a chance to try both out and do something with buying.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd agree totally with you on this about Cleveland,. Years ago I had the Launcher driver and Wedges were the best clubs in my bag, I'd love to have something similar in my bag now. Plus I keep looking at the Srixon offerings that are out and I'm sorely tempted.

Another post I agree with, got a pair of Vokeys in my bag as like you I guess I bought into the hype/belief they must be good. I can't stand them, been looking at Cleveland and Mack Daddy Wedges the last 2 weeks and I'll be buying something shortly to replace the Vokeys that to me feel like bricks off the face and balance of the club feels atrocious

The quality of of Vokey's has nothing to do with the marketing hype, they're good wedges for a reason, they're the No.1 wedge on tour, lots of players not tied to a club contract are using them. Just because you didn't get on with them doesn't mean they're not any good, did you get custom fitted for them?

Wolf

Visit site
The quality of of Vokey's has nothing to do with the marketing hype, they're good wedges for a reason, they're the No.1 wedge on tour, lots of players not tied to a club contract are using them. Just because you didn't get on with them doesn't mean they're not any good, did you get custom fitted for them?
I didn't say they're not any good. I said I bought into what they say about them and found I don't like the feel or weighting of them.

Yes I was custom fitted for them and still hate the feel and set up. Personal opinion about them nothing more

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Totally agree
Fitted for SM7
Never felt comfortable with them
Recently sold them on

Changed to Mad4’s and love them
Vokeys are a smaller profile for sure, i play sm7 and have done since they came out. Whenever I pick up cleveland or Callaway wedges I'm struck by just how much bigger they are headwise overall. They don't look bad but they are definitely bigger. That being said I'm looking to get the cleveland rtx-4 in 52 and 58 at the end of March. Played vokeys for donkeys years and just fancy a change

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
PXG, and odd made in Japan obscure brands are for people who are loaded, and think having this stuff in their bag makes them interesting.

Titleist for tour wannabees.

Taylormade for people who have no idea what quality is about. It screams tat.

Mizuno, for people who wander round mumbling about butter, as if anyone cares, as it's about getting a ball in a hole, not dairy products.

Callaway for people who like buying new stuff, every 10 minutes.

Srixon, for people who can find a stockist. Cheap version of the obscure Japanese obsessive, and you need to be obsessed to track down where they are sold.

Cobra, I have no idea why anyone would buy Cobra.

Ping, ugly stuff for my Dad to buy.

Nike, died the death because their stuff was awful. Except my irons, which must have been an accident.

Benross, Wilson, etc, for people who shop at Aldi.

Think that has probably covered it.
Time of the month ?🤣

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Quite interesting the talk of wedges on here. I have very cheap wedges. I think the problem with wedges is there's such a host of different lofts, bounce angles, grinds etc, you could spend a lifetime trying clubs out and still not finding the perfect club for you / the course conditions. Good fun trying though!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Quite interesting the talk of wedges on here. I have very cheap wedges. I think the problem with wedges is there's such a host of different lofts, bounce angles, grinds etc, you could spend a lifetime trying clubs out and still not finding the perfect club for you / the course conditions. Good fun trying though!

You should have an idea of what you need from your strike and divots. If not talk to your pro.