How would you penalise a player who fails to shout FORE?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Anyone that has been to a pro event will be aware that when there is a shout of fore it gets 'passed on' by the crowds down the side of the fairway. I have been in the dip on the 1st at Wentworth and clearly heard the shouts when McIlroy sprayed one right even though the tee was out of sight.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Anyone that has been to a pro event will be aware that when there is a shout of fore it gets 'passed on' by the crowds down the side of the fairway. I have been in the dip on the 1st at Wentworth and clearly heard the shouts when McIlroy sprayed one right even though the tee was out of sight.

I was on the 1st at Wentworth when Constantina Rocca smashed one like a rocket left into a bush about two foot in front of 4 of us, no shout and there was no doubt we were in view as it was fairly short off the tee

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I've been hit in the back or legs several times, but since I've never taken one to the head, I guess that I don't think about it much.

Argentine LPGA star Silvia Bertolaccini got me really good once. This was when you guys were doing the Falkland thing, and she may have taken me for an Anglophile.
I would have thought that my Italian ethnicity might have counted for something, but I guess not.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But they are literally there to watch the golf to be fair, so if it takes them by surprise, what the hell were they doing?
Have you watched a professional tournament live? These guys hit drives over 300 yards and there are crowds , it's often impossible to even see the player driving at the open from the fairway, you're waiting to see the second shot if you're near the fairway with a popular group playing.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shouting fore can't do any harm, It gives people a chance cover their head/face, not shouting fore is dangerous.
Disqualify them for dangerous play/ driving, sorted (y)
At the PGA this week, some players are deliberately aiming at the grand stand knowing they'll get a free drop in a better place.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shouting fore can't do any harm, It gives people a chance cover their head/face, not shouting fore is dangerous.
Disqualify them for dangerous play/ driving, sorted (y)
At the PGA this week, some players are deliberately aiming at the grand stand knowing they'll get a free drop in a better place.
There should be a DZ that penalises them at least .
If the stand wasnt there they would be in trouble.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Should be an instant DQ, a Million Dollar fine, removal of all fedex/order of merit and world ranking points for any pro that hits one into the gallery without shouting fore. I would also fine their caddy too. If a spectator is hit, apply the same with additional DQ for a year.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Whilst it should attract a penalty of some sort I still find it amazing the number of people who don't move when there is a shout....

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whilst it should attract a penalty of some sort I still find it amazing the number of people who don't move when there is a shout....
There was a cracking old comedy music video showing soldiers out on manoeuvres, When a MC hammer's song blasted out .
Something like " Get Down"

TigerBear

Visit site
As we know the severe damage that can be caused e.g. Koepka blinding the poor woman at the 2018 Ryder Cup.

For every missed "Fore!", the player is moved down a position in the final leaderboard standings.

They want to save shots by hitting people and risking their welfare, then they can be hit where it hurts most, their purse!