How to pick an instructor / lessons (Surrey)??

Mike79

Visit site
How do you pick a golf instructor? I’ve played golf for 30+ years and was single figures pre-kids back in 2008. Since then I’ve played very little golf and tried to pick it up again at the start of the year. Didn’t play as much as I’d hoped but have tried to get to the driving range when I can. I’m starting to go backwards and have developed a slice on every club in the bag.

Anyone got suggestions on how to pick an instructor? I’m based near Woking so have plenty choice of places to go… Silvermere, Hoebridge etc plus many indoor options such as Precision Golf.

Any recommendations?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We (Farnham) have three teaching pros and splendid indoor studio and (covered) outdoor practice and teaching facilities - but you may not wish to use a members club and we might be a bit far for you.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
How do you pick a golf instructor? I’ve played golf for 30+ years and was single figures pre-kids back in 2008. Since then I’ve played very little golf and tried to pick it up again at the start of the year. Didn’t play as much as I’d hoped but have tried to get to the driving range when I can. I’m starting to go backwards and have developed a slice on every club in the bag.

Anyone got suggestions on how to pick an instructor? I’m based near Woking so have plenty choice of places to go… Silvermere, Hoebridge etc plus many indoor options such as Precision Golf.

Any recommendations?

How far are you prepared to travel?

I think with your location there are going to many very good options to choose from, so it would be worth thinking about how you learn best and looking at reviews to see who would be a good fit for you. As Ian has said, WOD and trial and error are hard to beat when finding a good pro.

FELL75

Visit site

Any recommendations?
Hello Mike, I live in Woking but play most of my golf at Ascot. I have had lessons from the head pro who I would recommend. Recently, they've taken on another professional who was at Hoebridge. Feel free to DM if you have any questions.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm at the same club as Fell75 (Royal Ascot) but I would suggest Andrew Piper at Lavender Golf Centre. I use him and he's an excellent coach who will explain each change and won't reinvent the wheel with each lesson but work with what you bring and tidy it up to leave a functional and repeatable swing