How to hole a 2 foot putt at Winged Foot

Diamond

Visit site
DJ has put a 2 iron in his bag for the week, it will be interesting to see which holes the players go for it and which holes they decide to be more conservative. Saying that DJs coach said he can hit his 2 iron around 280 yards.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Meh, if they're all "long hitters" then 60-70% of the field are long hitters aren't they? ?‍♂️

Cabrera was a famously long hitter at his peak, Garcia currently 6th in driving distance, Schwartzel 28th. Long hitters have an advantage at The Masters. We've know that for years. Those who can't get the ball over certain levels in the fairways are at a disadvantage.

sunshine

Visit site
H'mm! We'll have to agree to disagree there! My view is that if they are 'contenders' they won't be 'on the wrong side of the draw'!

I meant on thursday and friday. But even at the weekend there are times when the wind drops and it starts raining so the players have a soft course to score on, and then the sun comes out and wind picks up and later starters have no chance. I do love the Open.

sunshine

Visit site
Cabrera was a famously long hitter at his peak, Garcia currently 6th in driving distance, Schwartzel 28th. Long hitters have an advantage at The Masters. We've know that for years. Those who can't get the ball over certain levels in the fairways are at a disadvantage.

Long hitters have an advantage at the Masters. That's like saying faster runners have an advantage at the Olympics.

The fact is long hitters have an advantage at every course and every tournament. And quite right too. The best golfers in the world are long hitters. They are better ball strikers.