How much do Teeofftimes take per booking?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
On holiday this week. Looked on the nearest clubs website, they wanted £32 for a round. Looked on TOT, could get it for £20 on there. Rang the club up and asked them if they would match TOT. Have done this before and always thought it was a no brainer as the club would get 100% of my money and wouldn’t have to pay TOT a cut.

To my surprise, they said they couldn’t match TOT. I therefore booked with TOT at a total cost of £21. Got paired up with a couple of decent lads who had also booked on TOT and had a very enjoyable round.

Have to say I was amazed they wouldn’t match TOT. Would be interested to know what % TOT take and how much the club eventually got from my booking?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Completely moronic move by the club and by doing that they show why they need tee off times anyways.. no buisness sense

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On holiday this week. Looked on the nearest clubs website, they wanted £32 for a round. Looked on TOT, could get it for £20 on there. Rang the club up and asked them if they would match TOT. Have done this before and always thought it was a no brainer as the club would get 100% of my money and wouldn’t have to pay TOT a cut.

To my surprise, they said they couldn’t match TOT. I therefore booked with TOT at a total cost of £21. Got paired up with a couple of decent lads who had also booked on TOT and had a very enjoyable round.

Have to say I was amazed they wouldn’t match TOT. Would be interested to know what % TOT take and how much the club eventually got from my booking?

Madness :rolleyes: unless there is some agreement between the 2 parties that the club can't do it :unsure:

I would imagine TOT take 50% - maybe more! (I've hear Groupon take up to 75% on their deals!!)

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They're not allowed to if I remember correctly.

The only moronic thing about it is that clubs sign up in the first place.

Clubs not looking at the bigger picture IMO

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree this seems crazy. I have had a similar experience at the Fairmont at St. Andrews. Decided to play the next morning but couldn't be bothered going through the whole booking on my phone with weak signal.

Asked at the pavillion and was told I would need to book online for that price.

I appreciate the clubs may not have total control over the prices TOT charge, but there seems to be a strange trend taking place and as usual, clubs seem to be a bit behind the curve.

At the end of the day, a clubs biggest asset is the course and they should be doing what they can to drive up revenue. Obviously there is a pricing strategy, whereby you don't want to price too low and looks cheap or desperate and p!ss off your members. But most clubs in general need more revenue and probably have a lot of times at certain points in the week where they can easily accommodate more golfers.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stupid thing is regardless the course is there... so they could charge £10 say for a round .. that’s £10 more than it just sitting there

But they rather charge £40 and have hardly anyone playing .. great business sense

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
and costs of membership go up and up, and nutty members moan about it yet shell out. Teeofftimes is the way forward in my eyes. coupled with a dinky membership to keep your handicap current. This is what I'm going for next year.

(Puts of tin hat and runs for cover)........

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Stupid thing is regardless the course is there... so they could charge £10 say for a round .. that’s £10 more than it just sitting there

But they rather charge £40 and have hardly anyone playing .. great business sense

Goes down great with the members when tee times are flogged for £10 and membes are paying £1000 p.a!

Also depends if the club want to be seen as a £10 bargain bin club or not

IMO these things have huge long term impacts far outweighing a few £40 4-balls

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Various clubs by me have always matched TOT prices and there are a few good clubs with good membership numbers too.
I'm not sure really how it works but money must be being made somewhere?