How many holes on your course can you not reach in reg ?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
For me anything over 400 yards is a 3 club effort.

Good for you :)

I can make a 300 yard hole a 3 club effort if I'm really on form. :(

Usually starts with a 75 yard daisy cutter, followed by a fat 3 wood trying to save face.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can reach all of them at my place. Do I do it? No. I do tend to take some of them on becaue I know the danger and the risk/reward. However on an away course and the Forest of Arden and the GM Centenary Final is a prime example, I don't know where to miss and so the majority of time anything over 400 yards is a 3 shotter and I'll use my shot and hope to get down from 100 yards with a single putt

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I can reach all of ours in regulation, but don't often do so.
The one which is right on the limit of reachability is the 14th, a 467 yard par 4 which usually plays right into the wind.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My local course isnt the longest and im a decently long hitter, So reaching is the problem its just hitting the greens.
My course isnt not but ive never seen such devasting rough,
So easy to lose the ball if your not hitting um straight

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a short course so I can and have hit all of them just never in the same month let alone round!
Our longest medal hole is 441 yard par4 which I hit 3wood then 5 wood or a 5 iron depending on how well I hit the drive and how much the prevailing wind is blowing. Worst I've done when I've hit 2 good shots was 3 wood- 3 wood coming up just short when the wind was howling into my face. Trouble is I have a very high 3 wood so a prevailing wind kills me off the tee and off the fairway quiet often. I normally play it as a par 5 as it's SI 1.