How Many drivers have you had this year?

How Many drivers have you gone through this year?

• Total voters

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I asked the question for no other reason than to start a thread and get my post count up :p no really to try and generate a little gentle harmless banter and as Imurg writes 'idle curiosity'. It came about as my mate Kraxx was on to his 4th of the year so just wondered if anyone else had done the same and as Imurg writes 'idle curiosity', did I already mention that.

Now that's out the way, I'm now comfy on my sofa, shall I start telling you about my mother? :D Mr Freud

You're very idle and very curious....

D

Deleted member 17920

The same driver all year. I have hit it OK this year so it stays for now.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Traded up my old G5 this year , have it 8/9 years .. was wanting to try a new Titleist 913, but after a lack of selling from a local fitting centre *** i went to a local golf shop to try one , demo was out , he gave ma a few to try , fell in love with a RBZ Stage 2 and just bought it ..

EDIT
*** i spoke to Richard from Titleist on the day of my Iron Fitting and i may have gotten through to the pro shop at the club rather than the Titleist Fitting Centre so my bad experience could vey well have been caused by accident ,

Last edited:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
2. Started the year with the 910D3, But injury meant that the swing speed was affected and the consistancy worsened. Bought an Adams Fastspeed from eBay and put that in play. Much more forgiving and for some strange reason, longer, and with a better ball flight......Result... £40 well spent..:thup:

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One driver since i returned to the game 2 years ago, and the same driver i had when i stopped playing in 2007.
Interesting comments again regarding the custom fit process, i.e the on course figures/performance not matching those on the day of the fitting.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
1 so far for me, bought off eBay last year for £80 - however I should have my first properly fitted driver in the next few days...

D4RK1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Im on the same driver I've had since starting. Adams speedline 10. It's been a pretty decent driver. I knew little about clubs when I bought it and would benefit from a stiff shaft instead of the regular that it has. I am however looking to replace my current irons and driver. Had my heart set on 714 ap 2's amd a 913 d2 but after lots of reading I'm really tempted by the orka clubs. I'm hoping to drive down to see Alex ASAP to have a fitting.

Linnets

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I voted 3, started the year with An R7 which I have had a few years but was starting to get inconsistent results with so decided I fancied something new. Bought a Cobra Amp-cell offset 10.5* driver thinking that it might diminish my natural fade which to be fair it did but it introduced quite a few push lefts which were getting me in worse trouble than the fade, plus I ended up dislikeing the tinny noise it made at impact and the really high ball flight.

Have now sold that on and I've bought a cobra ZL Encore 9.5* which i'm loving at the moment, hitting fairways more regularly which is a good thing so we shall see how it goes over the winter.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only one this year for me as well, in fact I have had it for a few years now. Although I did change the shaft in last year.

I am sure I heard on sky that many of the pros on tour have older drivers in their bags and not necessarily the latest incarnations from the manufacturers. So maybe they don't turn them over that often either.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Iv had the one for the past 18 months.... A Titleist 910 D2.... Iv fiddled a bit with the settings and found the best for me to be set at B4....

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The bag hasn't changed this season, which I never thought I'd say and I'm not planning a change it either. I had 2 drivers in the bag at once but only because I got it partX'd for 2 clubs and then sold it on. The 3 wood was removed and a temp club put in there but it's back to what it was at the start of the season and the driver is behaving better than ever.

I've decided you have to give clubs a chance and get used to them and its definately paying off. I've had my most enjoyable rounds this month and had my best hauls of pars on one day. Yes there where 2 nightmare holes which wrecked the card. It I walked off extremely happy with myself.

As others have said, I'm not sure how getting fitted for the best driver can turn into a nightmare on the course and not getting on with it. If you know it's the best driver for you and your swing then that should be all the confidence you need