How Many drivers have you had this year?

How Many drivers have you gone through this year?

• Total voters

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
As the subject says, how many drivers have you gone through this year so far?

We all have bad days with the big stick, so much so that some of us decide enough's enough and replace rather than stick it out and try to make it work.

I'm on my second driver of the year, reason the R11 was bought off the shelf, it wasn't fitted adn the shaft was wrong, but rather than just change the shaft I got fitted for a new driver and ended up with the Titleist 913D2 whcih I could not be happier with, it has a sweet sound off the face, the shaft option I have gives good feedback trough the swing and I feel it will be with me fora good while.

Kraxx on the other hand is on to his 4th driver of the year, he started off with a Titleist 910D3 loved it, but kinda got pressured into changing it. The club pro from our club left and started work at AG, we went down to see him with the intent of Kraxx buying a new hybrid, but in the process of doing so he tried a Callaway X-Hot liked the stats on the trackman and ths traded his 910 for hte X-Hot. Sad news is he never got on with it, so the X-Hot got traded in against an SLDR, three rounds later, yes only 3 rounds, he decided the SLDR was not for him and has not bought a R1. There are still two and half months left this year and Cleveland are bringing out their new Altitude 270gram driver soon, so there's still a chance he could make it 5. So there's a Taylormade SLDR barely hit going into the For sale section soon LOL.

But as the topic says, how many drivers have you gone through this year?

Pin-seeker

Visit site

We all have bad days with the big stick, so much so that some of us decide enough's enough and replace rather than stick it out and try to make it work.

I'm on my second driver of the year, reason the R11 was bought off the shelf, it wasn't fitted adn the shaft was wrong, but rather than just change the shaft I got fitted for a new driver and ended up with the Titleist 913D2 whcih I could not be happier with, it has a sweet sound off the face, the shaft option I have gives good feedback trough the swing and I feel it will be with me fora good while.

Kraxx on the other hand is on to his 4th driver of the year, he started off with a Titleist 910D3 loved it, but kinda got pressured into changing it. The club pro from our club left and started work at AG, we went down to see him with the intent of Kraxx buying a new hybrid, but in the process of doing so he tried a Callaway X-Hot liked the stats on the trackman and ths traded his 910 for hte X-Hot. Sad news is he never got on with it, so the X-Hot got traded in against an SLDR, three rounds later, yes only 3 rounds, he decided the SLDR was not for him and has not bought a R1. There are still two and half months left this year and Cleveland are bringing out their new Altitude 270gram driver soon, so there's still a chance he could make it 5. So there's a Taylormade SLDR barely hit going into the For sale section soon LOL.

This is what I don't understand,people go on trackman & get all the numbers,this results in them getting the best possible club & set up for them. Then they go on the course & don't get on with it. Why?? This seems to be quite a regular thing.
PS I voted 1 :thup:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This is what I don't understand,people go on trackman & get all the numbers,this results in them getting the best possible club & set up for them. Then they go on the course & don't get on with it. Why?? This seems to be quite a regular thing.

I can state that from the times I've been fitted for clubs - Drivers and Irons - I have never, ever been able to reproduce the performance shown at the fitting - eg 6 iron carry of 175 - on course 165...

It may just be me though......

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I can state that from the times I've been fitted for clubs - Drivers and Irons - I have never, ever been able to reproduce the performance shown at the fitting - eg 6 iron carry of 175 - on course 165...

It may just be me though......

Personally I'd prefer to hit a few different drivers that I like the look of & see which one feels best & gives me the best results. No computer needed IMO.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just the one here. It forgives me on a bad driving day and rewards me on a good one, so can't see me changing anytime soon :)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

1 for me and if you ask me the same question in 3 or 4 years it will still be the same one unless it breaks. I'm a firm believer that any driver issues I may experience are at the opposite end of the club to the head, if you know what I mean :D

Why didn't Kraxx just go back to the 910D3?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
May I ask a daft question. Why do you want to know this? What is the hypothesis that you require data from the forum to prove/disprove. You must have one else you wouldn't have asked.

Anyway - my answer to your question is one. And if you are really interested I have only EVER had two in total - current plus previous (rather obviously). Up to about 8 yrs ago I had never used a driver. My tee shots were brassie or spoon.

Last edited:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
May I ask a daft question. Why do you want to know this? What is the hypothesis that you require data from the forum to prove/disprove. You must have one else you wouldn't have asked.

My answer is one. And if you are really interested I have only EVER had two in total - current pluss previous (rather obviously). Up to about 8 yrs ago I had never used a driver. My tee shots were brassie or spoon.

My driver was working well(for me anyway), so I changed the shaft, that was as good (sometimes), so I bought a new driver, that worked really well for me, so I bought a new driver, didn't like the shaft so fitted it with the shaft I took out of the first driver.

Why did I do that, haven't got a clue apart from sometimes I get bored in the office and before you know it hey presto I have bought a driver (can insert putter here too). No reason apart from stupidity.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site

My answer is one. And if you are really interested I have only EVER had two in total - current pluss previous (rather obviously). Up to about 8 yrs ago I had never used a driver. My tee shots were brassie or spoon.

I asked the question for no other reason than to start a thread and get my post count up :p no really to try and generate a little gentle harmless banter and as Imurg writes 'idle curiosity'. It came about as my mate Kraxx was on to his 4th of the year so just wondered if anyone else had done the same and as Imurg writes 'idle curiosity', did I already mention that.

Now that's out the way, I'm now comfy on my sofa, shall I start telling you about my mother? :D Mr Freud

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Nah - just wondering - can't I wonder :)

I was guessing a hypothesis something along the lines of 'as problems off the tee are perceived as one of the main reasons that we drop shots, the majority of golfers change their driver every year as a means of trying to hit more fairways off the tee'

Darlophil

Club Champion
Visit site
3 for me.

Returned to golf this year as a member and the driver I had left in my bag was a Dunlop loco with a bright luminous yellow shaft and a faux carbon fibre crown.

So I decided I'd get a 'proper' driver and got a second hand ping g15. I kept hitting that OOB on the right, gave it to my brother and bought a vrs str8 fit from the pro shop at the club and thats doing me very well.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hope we're not going to be interrogated every time we start a thread in the future :rolleyes:

Why are you worried about that? :whistle:

In all seriousness, nothing wrong with asking why you would want to know/be interested in some things.

Though I am 'interested' in the guys that have to have the latest model and still don't realise that it's their swing that is the problem!

I answered 2, but I've had both for over 2 years anyway, so there's been no cost. And the other 2 Drivers I have are almost 10 years old anyway!

Last edited: