How many courses have you played?

OldMate

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm stealing this topic from an Australian forum I'm a member of (and it's no doubt been discussed on here before, but it's one that I find interesting). A few people on that forum say that the have played 500-600 courses, which is believable given that there are a lot of golf courses even in metropolitan areas in Aus and some of the posters have travelled to parts of the USA which are inundated with courses.

I've played 60 that I can recall. I can think of a couple of others which have since closed and which I cannot recall the name of. I've also not counted as distinct courses those with 27 holes where I've played multiple different combinations of the different nines.

Breakdown by country for me:

New Zealand: 28
Australia: 18
UK: 13
USA: 1

Top 5 favourite courses played:

1. Turnberry, Ailsa course (by a mile)
2. Royal Birkdale
3. The Berkshire, Red course
4. Cog Hill No.4 (Dubsdread) (USA)
5. Brookwater (Australia)

How many courses have you played? I know that the top 5/10 lists have been done to death but I included mine as I thought about that while counting them all up.

Cheers

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If I was real smart, I'd check out my previous posts on this topic...

But from memory...

England about 75
Scotland about 35
New Zealand 6
France 6
Wales 2
Italy 1

Favourites - for different reasons

Muirfield
Birkdale
Gleneagles (Kings)
Craigielaw
The Shire London
Les Bordes (Fr)
Clearwater (NZ)
Mennagio&Cadenabia (It)

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
wow, do people write them down or keep count? Lost count many many years ago, Id guess its more than 200, maybe more than 300 but not more than 400

OldMate

Head Pro
Visit site
wow, do people write them down or keep count? Lost count many many years ago, Id guess its more than 200, maybe more than 300 but not more than 400

I hadn't previously, but had a long boring train journey a few days ago and tried to figure it out. The internet is full of reasonably complete lists of all of the courses in various countries so I worked off those to work it out.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I hadn't previously, but had a long boring train journey a few days ago and tried to figure it out. The internet is full of reasonably complete lists of all of the courses in various countries so I worked off those to work it out.

Not sure my memory of 25 years+ of golfing is that good, Ill stick to an estimate I think lol

D

Deleted member 18588

143 England
14 Scotland
4 Waies
6 USA
6 France
5 Portugal
1 Egypt
1 Barbados
1 Canary Isles

Only reason I know is because the Guv'nor recently asked, I think she was making a point of some sort.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just been say with Excel open as i have been meaning to do this for a while

At first count

Scotland - 7
England - 25
India - 1
Malta - 1
Indonesia - 1
Malaysia - 1
Hongkong - 1
Dubai - 2
Egypt - 1

There are probably more, but cant think right now

Dont ask me to name the ones in Indonesia, Malaysia, Egypt or Malta. Having traveled there on a "Pussers Grey Funnel War Canoe" i was a little drunk when i played them...

Half the reason i cant remember what countries i have been to. Sobriety in the Royal Navy is frowned upon :eek::D

Been playing properly for about 7-8 years, so not to bad i dont think.