How many balls do you lose?

BluenoseGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't lose too many, even though my course is mega tight and usually come home with more than when I went. Our course has a very large OAP contingent who never venture into bushes etc so if you know where to look you're in business!

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Don't lose alot thankfully in these cost cutting days.

Had the joy of going out for a few holes last night though and finding a ball I'd lost on Saturday. A nearly new Pro V1 so thought it was worth a couple of minutes looking on the off chance it was still there.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I set my new record for a round today: 5 lost balls, all prov1, meaning a nice £15+ lost in the bushes.

Normally I lose none or one but maybe I should start using cheaper ones...

I rarely hit the ball far enough to lose it. Usually come off a course with more balls in my bag than I started with though.

Don't take this the wrong way but why on earth are you using ProV1's off your h/cap, or are you a Cat 1 player tee to green but can't putt? Try the Titlist "ball fitting", you might be surprised. :) :)

Del

Assistant Pro
Visit site
1-2 a round thanks to Mr Slice, but in saying that I do normally find a good few when looking for mine, so often walk off with more than I started with.

Last week I had a very good day of finding things, found 5 balls, a 7 iron and a sky caddie 2.5 on the 10th tee.

Both of course handed in to the pro, didn't hear about the iron but got a nice phone call from a (young sounding) lady thanking me for returning the sky caddie, which turns out to be her husbands and he didn't know she had taking it out with her, so she was getting a little worried about telling him :D

funkyfred

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Whilst playing on my own during one summer evening round I lost 9 balls and then lost another 7 the following week. I must stress they were all ''found balls''

However on another occasion I found 6 balls in a long bush no more than about 5 yards apart. Also found 5 balls in one of our dried up ponds a few weeks ago.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Since my swing changes I dont lose many. Probably one every other round.

If I have a ball more than 3 rounds, it gets retired to the practice bag as it's usually getting a bit tatty.

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
if only todays tee shot on the first had missed the water! drop a ball and used it the entire round, closest i have come is realising im on the same ball when i get to the 18th tee and promptly slice the drive OB!

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I put 5 balls in a lake from the same drop zone, after putting the tee shot in the drink too.

I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was ready to kill.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I put 5 balls in a lake from the same drop zone, after putting the tee shot in the drink too.

I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was ready to kill.

I wouldn't be laughing at any time. 5 from the same spot?