how long did you wait?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Oh that's good news then, it's easily sorted!
And even so - their error - bet you they don't tell the the staff the fee's gone up!

It's bizarre - I had a similar thing when my wife was trying to get a handicap
There were issues and they made no attempt to tell us.
All that effort on our part and then just being brushed aside.
Manners... courtesy?

Lady Captain got an earful from me over it... I said the lack of "care & understanding" has put my wife off the ladies section.
And that's exactly what's happened.
She's still never played a ladies only comp.!!

The comps don't really fuss me too much if I'm honest. Play mainly social golf. But I seem to do well in my monthly society then blow the captains weekend.

Hoping a little competitve golf weill sharpen me up a little.

Cant say the club make events to obvious if I'm honest. Never got shown around or anything. Had played their before, joined online and I was away.

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
The comps don't really fuss me too much if I'm honest. Play mainly social golf. But I seem to do well in my monthly society then blow the captains weekend.

Hoping a little competitve golf weill sharpen me up a little.

Cant say the club make events to obvious if I'm honest. Never got shown around or anything. Had played their before, joined online and I was away.

I used to be a member there at Boughton and still play there quite often. PM me if you want to go for a game at some point. I'm looking to join again in the spring.

U

User62651

Can I ask a stupid question? - when you hand 3 cards in do they still have to be marked by another player nowadays or do they trust you to score correctly yourself?
It's just catch 22, when you're new to an area/club you dont know anyone to mark your card but you can't get involved and meeting people properly until you've got your handicap so are able to join comps etc.
Ta

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Can I ask a stupid question? - when you hand 3 cards in do they still have to be marked by another player nowadays or do they trust you to score correctly yourself?
It's just catch 22, when you're new to an area/club you dont know anyone to mark your card but you can't get involved and meeting people properly until you've got your handicap so are able to join comps etc.
Ta

It's got to be marked by someone else. You can join the friendly swindles\roll ups and someone will mark your card for you.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ta

The handicap secretary or someone of equal position will set up games for you to get the handicap. I got my 3 cards sorted in the space of 2 weeks.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Ta
That's the reason I switched clubs - some clubs seem to have odd procedures. My former club wouldn't let you play in comps without first securing a handicap (fair enough, but an easy way to get a card signed in my view) and certainly didn't do anything to organise rounds (as I was in the same situation as you - new to the area). They also insisted on using white tees unlike some other clubs (adjusting SSI as necessary).

Total change to my new club - roll ups most week which are ideal to get a card marked. Did mine within a month. After the first roll up they even gave me a "provisional" 18 handicap so I could compete in the other 2 pending my formal handicap.