How Good Is Your Pro?

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just wondering how do people rate their pro on the service that they offer?

The pro at my club was the assistant and has now taken over from John as he has gone into retirement. Chris has taken the Pro shop and gave it a total overhaul. Got rid of all the old second hand bags of junk that where knocking around has kept the Ping dealership but also got Taylormade in now. He is determined not to loose custom to the Internet so his prices are fantastic.

I purchased my R11S from him as he was selling it for £299 and I could not find it cheaper anywhere else including hte internet. He is selling the matching R11S hat at the same prices as Ebay traders are selling them for. His teaching skills are some of the best I have ever tried and I have tried several Pros all over the country on my travels. He is a believer in taking what you have got and making some improvements, rather than taking your swing apart and trying to make you swing text book style, which to be fair not many tour pros do.

This sums up the man though and his attitude towards his members. I deciding to start playing again after the broken shoulder I went in to treat myself to dozen box of shiny new balls to go and loose. I asked him which he thinks from the premium balls on offer I should buy. Srixon, Bridgestone, ProV1 or the new Penta TP5. Knowing that everything I use is TM he opened the drawer under the counter and threw a box of 3 PENTA TP5 to me. I asked him how much and he said don't worry about it.....:whoo:

So what do you think of your Pro then? I think mine is top drawer and is a really nice bloke to go with it.

Last edited:

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can't fault our pro for friendliness, service and excellent teaching skills. In a series of six lessons he has effected great improvements in my game through small adjustments and changes rather than a radical overhaul. Just need to apply his teaching consistently over 18 holes, it always seems to go wrong somewhere...

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
Cab't fault my pro at all, get's involved with everyone at the club, sets aside Friday evenings to come out and have a knock with us, we tried advertising it around the club as a swindle but by the end of last summer I think the most we had clocked up in one go was about 7 people so now it's more like mates having a knock with a couple of quid in the pot each.

I used to suffer from an out to in swing path which two fully qualified pro's couldn't fix, both diagnosed me with different problems and never checked my swing path at all.....Craig (my pro now) had me hitting a draw within 5 minutes of the lesson starting.

Unfortunately he doesn't have a pro shop and the current owner seems to be refusing to put one in. He's been looking at getting a porter cabin and setting up his own little shop but whether it will happen or not I don't know. He's top drawer though, great lad, always got time for you, excellent teacher and he has a fit Mrs to boot. One problem though is that he is a bit of a tart.....white Pug 206cc with big wolfrace alloys on it, and always, even indoors, wearing his shades.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Swanny is pretty much spot on about Craig (our pro).

I had my first lesson with him last week and within 10 minutes of the start of my lesson he knew what was wrong. He recorded my swing on his ipad then we went into his office and reviewed it where he let me say what I thought was wrong then advised what he thought and how to fix it. Then back out to practise ground to work on what was said and since then I have been striking the ball much better.

Although Swanny says he is a tart I think we can see past this. Yes he does drive a white convertible Peugeot but the wolfrace wheels are purely because his golf academy is sponsored by Wolfrace and as for the glasses inside, well the light might hurt his eyes............... haha.

As said, overall a top bloke and I am more than happy to have lessons and check ups with him, just a shame he doesn't have a pro shop, but I think that might be a matter of time.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Michael Bannon is ours, and is pretty decent :D
PGA of Europe John Jacobs Coach of the year 2012 pretty much says it all.
phoca_thumb_l_rory and michael banna8abf.jpg

Stevie Gordon is another another of our teaching pro team who was down in the K Club before heading back towards home and coming to Bangor. Two great fellas who always have time for a chat and tip.