How good can your golf realistically get?

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Not sure how it works fully but something like a hcap of -4.6 plays off plus 5 off our yellow and white tees and plus 6 off the very back Blue tees. Might have nothing to do do with 95% but less shots for a much harder track takes some getting the head round.

This is one of the abnormalities with the Stroke Rating System of +plus handicappers, I think plus handicappers shouldn't be adjusted for Stroke Rating

CountLippe

Visit site
HI of 9.3. I must be the worse single figure golfer in congu...
I think 7 is about as good as I could possibly get, but even that would require something unexpected to turn up.
The trouble with being a bit pish across the board is that there no one thing that I could work on to nick a couple of shots.

I'm exactly the same, hover around 8 - 9. The problem is I'm not 'great' at anything just pretty competent at everything. I think you need to excel at something to get really low.

Bobthesock

Visit site
I'm exactly the same, hover around 8 - 9. The problem is I'm not 'great' at anything just pretty competent at everything. I think you need to excel at something to get really low.
I'm similar as well, think I'm pretty good at driving, irons, bunkers, chipping and putting. Just never on the same day :(

Golfnut1957

Visit site
My lowest ever h/cap was 10 and that was a bit flattering because it started to go up from then on.
Only ever had 2 scores in the 60's on short courses.
Only ever had 2 holes in one.
Only a few eagles, never an albatross.
I can only ever remember driving a par 4 once or twice.

My game is mainly bogeys today.
At age 72 I believe that upper arm strength is a big factor in how long you hit the ball, and it declines with age.
As does my ability to keep the ball on the clubface longer which should provide more distance and accuracy.
My brain is also shrinking so my ability to be inspired is declining.

But, we all have one foot in the grave from about 30.
Thanks for that, it's given me something to look forward to in a few years time;)