How far do you travel...........

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I drive 20 miles to my club and I would drive twice that to play there!

For me it’s always going to depend on the quality of courses as to how far I’d be prepared to travel to play regularly. For instance there is a course less than 2 miles from my home but I’d never join there as the course does nothing for me!

Mandofred

Visit site
8 miles? Maybe 20 minutes if there is traffic.....probably closer to 15. Several courses are closer. NO WAY I'd drive over 30 minutes 3+ times a week to play golf.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
6 miles about 10 minutes depending on the 9 traffic lights being kind

I could probably get to Bunkermagnets course a minute or two quicker ?

D

Deleted member 3432

22 miles from my house, a nice little drive along the coast.

Well worth it as there is not a course of equal quality within 100 miles.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Am a golfing nomad so all over the place. But I recently decided to limit the courses that I play to no further than 30 mins away from where I live.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
9 miles, 20-25 minutes from home. Originally joined because I was working close by and so I thought it would be handy for a few holes after work, in between appointments etc. I now mainly work near where I live and so I’ll only play golf if it’s for a full 18, which is a shame. Will see how things pan out after COVID and the next couple of years.

Enville is about 10 mins away, the missus has said she’s ok with me joining once the kids stop costing so much/start paying for their own holidays etc, which should be in the next couple of years. Can’t justify the big joining fee until then.

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
3.5 miles and about 8 minutes drive for me. Two of my regular playing partners live near enough to ride to the course on their single seated buggies.
Apparently they are insured for the road (£27 I think). They both have bicycle lights attached for the dark winter mornings.
Another advantage is they arrive dressed and ready to go so no trying to balance on one leg in a wet car park like me ?

Ssshank

Visit site
Membership at a decent club isn't cheap and you don't want to be spending £100s on fuel... I'd say no more than 10 miles for me.