Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Less than 20 miles

Votes: 30 19.1%
  • Miles and miles

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21258

13 miles for me to home course, ideal for evening games or at the weekend when we fancy a quick few holes late afternoon/evening. Its great playing close to home.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is club just a few minutes drive from where I live. A few years ago when lots of Somerset was under water this club made the national news because of flooding. At the same time and for quite a long time afterwards that few minutes was turned in to around trip of about 30 miles due the closure of a bridge across the adjoining river.

When they built the course it was an easy decision to stay put because all the land was under water the year before.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
3.7 miles for me, 10 minutes or 8 if the lights are in my favour.

There are a couple that are even nearer but I think mine is the best of the 3

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Probably depends on the distance.

I have four courses within 15 minutes. Hankley Common, Hindhead, Farnham and Blackmoor. Liphook is 20 minutes. Not bad choices if you like heathland golf.:whistle:

Ach it wasn't a cock waving contest, fact is I have 3 courses all within 3/4 minute drive from me, which are litterly equidistant from my house. Jeezo if it was a cock waving contest I've got two open venue's within 11 miles on my house and a ryder cup venue 40 minutes away.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Ach it wasn't a cock waving contest, fact is I have 3 courses all within 3/4 minute drive from me, which are litterly equidistant from my house. Jeezo if it was a cock waving contest I've got two open venue's within 11 miles on my house and a ryder cup venue 40 minutes away.
You might want to keep your foul mouth to yourself.

You asked a question and got an answer. What is your problem ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Technically got three courses that have hosted the Open within 10 miles also.

Not sure anyway was really bragging on here. Simply mentioning how lucky they were to have good choices.

Certainky wouldn’t find me having a willy waving comp if I was in Scotland atm. Brrrrrrr........

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Living just off of Fairford Leys, Aylesbury Park is ideal for me (5 min walk)...going to be a shock when HS2 closes the course down.
Starting to think about options for when the inevitable happens, but hopefully the course will be open for this year at least.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I moved house last year and have just joined a nearby (technically not the nearest) club. Two mins in the car or about ten to walk. I've never lived walking distance from my course before so looking forward to it!