• Less than 20 miles

Votes: 30 19.1%
  • Miles and miles

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I consider quality over distance. The four nearest courses to me are all about ten miles away yet my home course is almost fifteen miles away. Within 45 minutes drive I have Carnoustie, St Andrews and Gleneagles so spoilt for choice if I had the funds!

D

Deleted Member 1156

About 15-20 minutes by car from home. A nightmare if I have to get public transport. Not too bad if I get the train straight through from Reading to Ascot after work.

I assume you have a locker and keep your clubs there?

garyo

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just got back into the game a couple of years ago after more than 10 years out, so joined back at the home club where I grew up playing, despite it being ~20mile/30mins away.

Was hard to get much game time so had thought about moving clubs, but just moved house instead and now have a gate from my back garden onto the 13th tee!

About 500 yards from the clubhouse, so only takes a few minutes to walk up...considerably longer to walk home at times though :cheers:

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Old club was 30 minutes, and even that was a chore nipping out on a summers evening. Present club is less than 10 minutes, and better quality. Win, win.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I wonder if I'm in the unique position on here for having 3 courses all equidistant from my house.
Probably depends on the distance.

I have four courses within 15 minutes. Hankley Common, Hindhead, Farnham and Blackmoor. Liphook is 20 minutes. Not bad choices if you like heathland golf.:whistle: