• Less than 20 miles

Votes: 30 19.1%
  • Miles and miles

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
17 miles, 32 mins. Which is way too long and far for my liking. So I play my competitive golf there and my social at the much nearer local muni

jimjoachim

Head Pro
Visit site
just done a "as the crow flies check" and I'm 1.4 miles from the first green of my club but only 140 yards from the 3rd green of another club (albeit over a railway line).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
just done a "as the crow flies check" and I'm 1.4 miles from the first green of my club but only 140 yards from the 3rd green of another club (albeit over a railway line).
Even though my club is only 3 miles away, there are three other clubs nearer to me than that as the crow flies. I just couldn't afford to join any of them! :lol:

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
5 mins away which is significant to me with time being limited working the good old 9 to 5. It does mean I can pop out on a nice summers evening with the lad for a few holes or practice a little. I don't get to play a great deal but it would diminish greatly if I were further away.

If I ever find the spare cash I'd like to take out country membership of one of the great Norfolk coastal venues but tbh I'd have a hard job to justify it so it's pretty much folly I suspect.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
less than 3miles - but have been considering what to do if we were move to Glasgow. And thoughts of whether I could be bothered with 45mins (min) drive from Glasgow West End to Ayrshire Coast have been bouncing around.

That said - Edinburgh options look better. Visited friends in Haddington couple of months back - 20mins drive to North Berwick; 15mins to Dunbar; 15mins to Gullane (wishes)

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
11 miles and 25 minutes each way. Worth it, but definitely reduces the number of times I'm up there.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
3 miles and ten minutes for me. There is another club that is about half that distance (similar standard and cost), but would have to drive to either.

butchercd

Club Champion
Visit site
190 meters to the first for me (according to GoogleMaps).

My boss actually lives closer to his first tee on his course as his house is on the approach road to his clubs car park.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Visited friends in Haddington couple of months back - 20mins drive to North Berwick; 15mins to Dunbar; 15mins to Gullane (wishes)

Small world isn't it!!? :)

Spent 20 odd years living there, like you say a selection of courses from Musselburgh all the way down the coast to Dunbar within 15/20 minutes drive