Votes: 30 19.1%
  • Miles and miles

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Small world isn't it!!? :)

Spent 20 odd years living there, like you say a selection of courses from Musselburgh all the way down the coast to Dunbar within 15/20 minutes drive

I think Mrs Hogan was well taken by Haddington...and our friends house as we could afford the same.

Having only visited Haddington a couple of times many, many years ago when I was very little (to visit family friends who moved there from Mount Florida in the mid 60s) I was rather taken by it also - and the proximity to all those east Lothian links courses - well...

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think Mrs Hogan was well taken by Haddington...and our friends house as we could afford the same.

Having only visited Haddington a couple of times many, many years ago when I was very little (to visit family friends who moved there from Mount Florida in the mid 60s) I was rather taken by it also - and the proximity to all those east Lothian links courses - well...

Like Haddington too. Good few pints in the Tyneside Tavern. Sort of place I'd love to live in if I ever decided to move to Scotland. Whole area has a lovely feel to it. If the golf course is half decent then that would be perfect

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
14.1 Miles away, typically takes me 18-25 mins via car. There are nearer courses though ones a little 9 hole, the other a bit too expensive and up its own backside for my liking.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Like Haddington too. Good few pints in the Tyneside Tavern. Sort of place I'd love to live in if I ever decided to move to Scotland. Whole area has a lovely feel to it. If the golf course is half decent then that would be perfect

I'm sure the local course is fine but why would you??? all the courses mentioned 20 mins away.

Kilspindie, Gullane, North Berwick, Dunbar, .... Muirfield:) etc etc and thats the closer ones

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

It's a question at a bit of a tangent - but if you were to be visiting Edinburgh would you rent somewhere in likes of Haddington for easy access to all the great courses - or centre of city.

We could buy in city centre or likes of Haddington. City centre great rental opportunity for Festival Goers; Haddington - possibly great rental opportunity for golfers and close to City.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a question at a bit of a tangent - but if you were to be visiting Edinburgh would you rent somewhere in likes of Haddington for easy access to all the great courses - or centre of city.

We could buy in city centre or likes of Haddington. City centre great rental opportunity for Festival Goers; Haddington - possibly great rental opportunity for golfers and close to City.

TBH I'd buy in North Berwick. Has the train line into Edinburgh for rental (holiday makers, festival goers and golfers), absolutely beautiful town and is right in among the golf courses (with the West Links of course in walking distance).....

Haddington is nice but I'd probably prefer Longniddry or North Berwick due to the train line :thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
TBH I'd buy in North Berwick. Has the train line into Edinburgh for rental (holiday makers, festival goers and golfers), absolutely beautiful town and is right in among the golf courses (with the West Links of course in walking distance).....

Haddington is nice but I'd probably prefer Longniddry or North Berwick due to the train line :thup:

Will have a look at both then :)

Ragamuffin Gunner

Medal Winner
Visit site
I wonder if I'm in the unique position on here for having 3 courses all equidistant from my house.

You’re not! I live in the middle of the 3W’s. West Hill where I play is a pitching wedge away, which makes a few holes on a sunny summer evening so easy. I consider myself extraordinarily lucky.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
About 10 miles but there’s a nice club quarter of a mile from my house. I moved recently. Trouble is I like my club and I think it’s quieter, so easier to roll up and get a game. I can’t decide what to do as I’d rather be playing than driving.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site

I was very keen on a move to North Berwick but Mrs FD saw right though me and vetoed the plan! :rofl: