How do you vent? Garcia Style or....

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I learned my lesson a long time ago. I had a fairly new callaway driver, and after an errant tee shot whacked the ground with it. As I went to put the headcover on the head fell off into my hand. If I have a bad hole now I vent my frustration by throwing the ball away. They are a lot cheaper than a new club or shaft.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Never throw or break anything, as many have mentioned, its too expensive to be doing that. I just get angry and swear and try and put it behind me. I don't like getting angry (and its something I am trying to work on) but when it is something so stupid I sometimes can't help it. It really is the most frustrating game!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never throw or break anything, as many have mentioned, its too expensive to be doing that. I just get angry and swear and try and put it behind me. I don't like getting angry (and its something I am trying to work on) but when it is something so stupid I sometimes can't help it. It really is the most frustrating game!!
Tell me about it. Recently I've developed this thing where whenever I have to tee off over a lake on a par 3, I completely forget how to hit a golf ball. Two balls buried at sea that way on the last two rounds. Topped both in a way that I never do at any other time. When you know it's in your head but knowing that doesn't get it out of your head - it's hard not to get angry!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
"Oh gosh darns it" is literally my cathchphrase

Tell me about it. Recently I've developed this thing where whenever I have to tee off over a lake on a par 3, I completely forget how to hit a golf ball. Two balls buried at sea that way on the last two rounds. Topped both in a way that I never do !

Don't play the course I just played. You have to hit over wide ravines like 4 times in the round. One which you play over at least twice has a road and a path underneath it, often wit people under it.

Great fun but nervy as!

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Don't play the course I just played. You have to hit over wide ravines like 4 times in the round. One which you play over at least twice has a road and a path underneath it, often wit people under it.

Great fun but nervy as!
I'm actually playing a course next week with quite a lot of water dotted around it. Take the bull by the horns and all that. It never used to bother me at all, but just lately it's been happening so I need to get over it asap!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
couple of young lads (20s) were behind us yesterday. one of my PPs lost his ball, so we let them play through while we were looking for it. One of the lads hit a decent drive to where we were stood, but then duffed his second, then duffed his third. He finally got it on the green, but took at least 3 putts. He was so annoyed he picked up his ball and hurled it into the trees about 30 yards away! my, how we laughed :)

xcore

Head Pro
Visit site
I tend to laugh it off/make a joke, iv seen afew of my pps wrap clubs around trees which just makes it more awkward

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is a story that has been round for donkeys years about a pro who threw his bag in to a lake near the 18th. Then remembered his keys wallet etc were in the bag, he walked in the lake retrieved it all then threw the bag back in to the lake.

The other story that I heard was when they drained the lake at Gatton Manor, it did not surprise them about the number of balls in the lake but the number of 8 and 9 irons.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was a serial club chucker in my youth. Much calmer these days and just swear at my own incompetence. I try and use the ten yard rule these days and once over that imaginary line that's the end of my anger, Regroup and focus on the next shot

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I learned my lesson a long time ago. I had a fairly new callaway driver, and after an errant tee shot whacked the ground with it. As I went to put the headcover on the head fell off into my hand. If I have a bad hole now I vent my frustration by throwing the ball away. They are a lot cheaper than a new club or shaft.

I sometimes throw my ball towards the next tee. That's even cheaper again. :rofl:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
couple of young lads (20s) were behind us yesterday. one of my PPs lost his ball, so we let them play through while we were looking for it. One of the lads hit a decent drive to where we were stood, but then duffed his second, then duffed his third. He finally got it on the green, but took at least 3 putts. He was so annoyed he picked up his ball and hurled it into the trees about 30 yards away! my, how we laughed :)

It wasn't me

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I learned from a very early age never to show any emotion on the course.
I was brought up that way within a well respected golfing family and I would never dare to do anything that would cause them embarrassment.

For some reason I have always associated bad tempered club throwers with wife beaters.
Funny how you never see women club chuckers so the reverse does not apply.

Sharktooth

Head Pro
Chiang Mai, Thailand and anywhere there is H2O
Visit site
Changed tack a bit last weekend. Frustration got the better after a lay up off the tee went horribly wrong and I put my third shot into a hedge with a ditch in front of it. Put the club away, turned the speed up to 9 on the trolley and pushed the whole lot into the hedge/ditch. Took me a few minutes to clean it up afterwards but I felt a lot calmer and did well to scramble a 7 as it was a medal round.

Good effort! I'm a club thumper and swearing typhoon after a particularly bad shot, but I always apologise to those around me after my explosions and then just get on with it.

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mostly I just laugh at myself because it's not that big a deal. But sometimes, just sometimes, it gets the better of me and I'll chuck up a ball and try and hit it into a neighbouring field like a baseball shot. I never make contact.

So usually, I just concentrated on murdering the hell out of the ball off the next tee. That invariably ends in a bad shot, and I get back to laughing at myself again.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good effort! I'm a club thumper and swearing typhoon after a particularly bad shot, but I always apologise to those around me after my explosions and then just get on with it.

Best sig ever :rofl:

In the bag:

Two big branches
Seven bent bits of scaffie
Another bit of scaffie that makes the baw go higher
Wan that makes it roll alang the groon
Some tatties folk caw baws.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
I definitely don't do what Garcia does.

It's not in my nature.
I'm not a pro so I'm not making a living from it.
I don't have an equipment contract so can't just get another club for free.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site

Well if that's as explicit as you get, then not a good idea to play a round with me or Kraxx at the moment, I dare say we could teach you a few new ways of using expletives in sentences. In recent rounds it has been known for entire sentences to be formed entirely of expletives.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have hit my bag before now. But now its more self analysis along the lines of "you richard cranium". I have thrown balls though recently or kicked them into fields when they havent been behaving.