How well do you know your members lines??

V

vkurup

I will take you up on that. Won't be for the next few weeks as I've just been on a stag do, have that wedding coming up and need to spend some time with my daughter. But I will definitely be up for playing it and would hope to get out in August.
Thanks for the invite VK!

No worries.. drop us a line when you are free.. I will get Dufferman (and anyone else from the forum) to join. It will be fun as long as you dont ask Dufferman how you should leave a rake in a bunker.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That not a theodolite, it's a total station. (just to be picky)

Hahahaha, and the award for pickiest pick goes to....

:)

Well after learning that I don't know what to believe any more, maybe the whole video is lie after lie, maybe its a cover up, maybe it is cursed, I'm so scared right now. :confused:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
well enough.

all the par 3' s all you need to do is clear the front bunker.
3rd only needs to land front edge and will roll on to the middle.
5th need 10 yards extra for carry
13th needs 18 yards extra to allow for the hill
15th needs a left side tee shot
16th left side of the fairway and depending on flag, short for front and long for back
17th middle of the green is best
18th tee shot is better in the bunkers right than left

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our 8th hole launches up a 20 degree gradient to about 180 yard to the top of the hill. A large pole marks roughly where the green is. The yellow tees say 242 yards par 4 and it's uphill. When you get up to the hill it drops away down so fast and then straight back up to a bunker fest with deep lips. My first go at it I hit a soft 3 wood up to the hill as I didn't have the 5 wood at the time.

It's a better chance to the green from the top of the hill than it is from the gully. Pin is front right at the moment so it's playing like a very difficult hole. Every ounce of your being wants to flop it up and land it close but it's a hard shot to pull off so not worth the risk.

I just play the 5 wood to the top of the hill and walk away with a par. It's not a low scoring hole desptite the yardage. Stroke index 15 as well. I think it's one of the harder holes on the course. Saying that, our stroke in dex 1, is one of the easiest for me. It's driver gap wedge if you play safe up the left. Weird.

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
No worries.. drop us a line when you are free.. I will get Dufferman (and anyone else from the forum) to join. It will be fun as long as you dont ask Dufferman how you should leave a rake in a bunker.

I've never played Merrist Wood myself. I'd be keen to join you depending on dates and times.

V

vkurup

I'm a member at West Byfleet, happy to host you or anyone else from the forum.

WB is a lovely course..I played there about 3-4 years ago, when they were ripping up the 14th (the blind shot tee shot).

Chatted with Dufferman.. and we can do a 4-ball if you, LondonLewis, Duf/n and myself are up this side of Woking. Drop me a PM if you want to play Merrist Wood and we could do a 3 ball. Also am sure we can get to WBGC too.

If you get to MW, I want to see what club you use to get to the 5th green... members choice or GPS choice...