Putting lesson - oh dear - ideas needed!

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
After four or five years of mounting frustration on the greens, putting aids and new putters I finally bit the bullet and went for a lesson last week:D pro had me hit 6 putts and then took pictures of address and vid of stroke from dtl and face on. Cool I think, lets see how good that delightful feeling but oddly inconsistent (must be the style of putter;)) putting action looks:thup::rofl: Next he got me to hit a chip shot and took pics of that - odd - but no, I putt like like I chip - it's shocking, hands into body with no room / an arc Noah would be scared of with putter face way open and a massive over swing and deceleration:whistle:
Half an hour later and subsequently a new putter, all looks better but feels more than a little alien! Anyone got any tips on how to instil a new technique - apart from hours on the green what drills do you use round the home?
The new putter is a tm :)rofl:) spider mallet with counterbalanced grip - grudgingly it looks very smart and the weighting makes it very easy to use, the grooves have a positive effect with the ball rolling much quicker than my old scotty, so far so good but tips please before I mindlessly waste practice time:)