How do you use the golf power aid band training tool?

AdamW

Visit site
Referring to this : Longridge Power Band https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000L0OQZ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_QP5eEbJ777MMX

found it in a bag i purchased a while ago.

Watched a few YouTube videos and gave it a go tonight but not convinced I am using it right. I put it on just above my elbows and just started swinging as normal with various irons.

Should I be doing full swings , 3/4 , half or does it not matter? Am I trying to not stretch the band so my arms stay closer and more connected to my body?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have one. I tended to use it for short game work and in particular 1/2 and 3/4 shots. I have it a fraction higher than you do about halfway between the elbow and shoulder and really use it to get a feeling of everything turning together and stay connected. I do make full swings with it for the same feeling especially when I feel the takeaway is snatchy. To be honest it was at the bottom of my practice bag and I only came across it again in December rummaging around for some impact stickers. What do the youtube videos indicate it should be for?

AdamW

Visit site
I have one. I tended to use it for short game work and in particular 1/2 and 3/4 shots. I have it a fraction higher than you do about halfway between the elbow and shoulder and really use it to get a feeling of everything turning together and stay connected. I do make full swings with it for the same feeling especially when I feel the takeaway is snatchy. To be honest it was at the bottom of my practice bag and I only came across it again in December rummaging around for some impact stickers. What do the youtube videos indicate it should be for?

Might try the band further up a bit like you do see what affect that has (y)

That is the video i watched seems to suggest it is for keeping the body and arms connected

Do you have any other training aids in your bag you would recommend which have helped you?