Game Golf Live - how do you get yours working

albie999

Visit site
Hoping there are a few people here who are using Game Golf Live, and can advise, as I was getting well frustrated on the course yesterday. I am still fairly new to using Game Golf, got it gifted 6 months ago, but only now been playing with it

Anyway, on the course yesterday, just could not get it to work stable. Switched on the Game GPS Unit, it started flashing, then bleeped, white light flashing then paired it with the game golf app on the phone. It showed my location, so thought off we go .... tag'd my first club the GPS Puck, flashed and vibrated, briefly saw the app show 1 shot, before it went back to 0 ..... took my shot anyway, go to the next shot, again, showed my location, tag'd my club, again same vibrate .. but still no register showing on the phone. Checked the GPS unit, their seemed to be no lights on, however, it was still registering my location

At this point, I ended the round, quit the app, switched off the puck, and then tried to reconnect it all again .... it seemed to go through the same as above ... at this point, got annoyed and switched it off for the round, as it was to distracting

So, just wondered, what process / order do people use to get their Game Golf connected correctly. Do you switch on the puck first, the app .. .what order is this done in

D

Deleted member 16999

Switch the puck on and wait until you have GPS lock, once that is done open the GG Live App and go through the “Play a Round” steps, everything should then connect seamlessly.

albie999

Visit site
Switch the puck on and wait until you have GPS lock, once that is done open the GG Live App and go through the “Play a Round” steps, everything should then connect seamlessly.

Thanks Paul, I did try that .... and I thought that it "should" connect seamlessly, but even though it seemed connected, it just would not register my clubs, even though it showed I was moving

D

Deleted member 16999

Thanks Paul, I did try that .... and I thought that it "should" connect seamlessly, but even though it seemed connected, it just would not register my clubs, even though it showed I was moving
Have you got GG Live, were you physically have to “tag” the club or GG Live Pro were the Club automatically “tags”?

albie999

Visit site
Have got the GG Live, where I have to tag. I tag the club against the puck, it vibrates but no shot seems to get recorded on the app. Don't get me wrong, it has worked other times I have used it, but it just seems a bit intermittent

D

Deleted member 16999

Have got the GG Live, where I have to tag. I tag the club against the puck, it vibrates but no shot seems to get recorded on the app. Don't get me wrong, it has worked other times I have used it, but it just seems a bit intermittent
Had mine nearly 3 years and not had that issue, is the puck losing GPS?

albie999

Visit site
CasUK .. I like to use the App, so that I can use it for distances etc

@pauldj42 - I have now done a factory reset on it, and tried to connect it at the house .. switch on the Puck, leave till it bleeps and flashes white, then open the app, select a course, then select the live device ..... started the round, and just tag'd some clubs to see what happens, and it has registered it the 3 times I have done it ... so wonder if the factory reset has done something. Suppose will find out for real when I get on the course next time

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
The factory reset will wipe all the loose data in your device and should get you back on track, as long as you have already uploaded the rounds you wont lose any data, the app has been buggy since the release of pro and they dont seem to have fixed it yet, I used 18birdies as well as gg live device having one (game golf) tracking and 18b for distances, hazards, ect

albie999

Visit site
So, I really am at the point of giving up on game golf live. Tried to use it couple of days ago, it connected to the app ... But even though the puk vibrated, the shot want recorded on the app, tried a couple of time and no joy

Just been out today, puk connected, tap the tag it registers my club on the 1st hole ... But then, as I move down the fairway, no movement in my position

Really dunno what is going on with it, ended up using myroundpro for the rest of the round, with no problems

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
So, I really am at the point of giving up on game golf live. Tried to use it couple of days ago, it connected to the app ... But even though the puk vibrated, the shot want recorded on the app, tried a couple of time and no joy

Just been out today, puk connected, tap the tag it registers my club on the 1st hole ... But then, as I move down the fairway, no movement in my position

Really dunno what is going on with it, ended up using myroundpro for the rest of the round, with no problems

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh
Dont use the app upload the round after, the app is buggy and will give you a while host of issues, the puk works fine if your tagging and it has a built in gps, I use game golf pro now and again to see if anythings changed and it works fine without the app works ok with it to to be honest, live has been messed up by pro tho, I never used the app with live and iv never really had issues tracking the round, uploading might cut off If the phone goes black I just change the timeout to 10mins,

albie999

Visit site
the thing is, I also want the use of the app to show distances, the hole layout, bunkers etc. Just tagging my shots to see afterwards, is not really what wanted Game Golf for, it was to be used whilst going around the course

If the app is so buggy, that is cannot do this consistently, then it seems that maybe Game Golf is not for me

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I used 18 birdies as my gps unit on my phone and live puk on my belt and all worked fine for over 100 rounds, 18 birdies is a better lay out than most other apps and has simple stat tracking built in to the free version, there will be more apps you could try for gps that you might find work better for you, but just try a round with out gg live app and see how you get on, I'm very confident all your round stats will be there ready for upload

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought the "Pro" when it became available but found it unreliable and unusable. Went beck to my old "live" unit and have no intention to change. The only issue I have is that uploading a 2x9 round (i.e. playing a 9 hole course twice) cause the shots for each round to be combined. The only way to reliably upload this type of round is via a PC, however in my case I use a Apple Mac and the upload program "broke" when the OS was updated to Mojave last year, GG have no plan to fix it. So I have to use my wife's old PC to upload rounds.

albie999

Visit site
I bought the "Pro" when it became available but found it unreliable and unusable. Went beck to my old "live" unit and have no intention to change. The only issue I have is that uploading a 2x9 round (i.e. playing a 9 hole course twice) cause the shots for each round to be combined. The only way to reliably upload this type of round is via a PC, however in my case I use a Apple Mac and the upload program "broke" when the OS was updated to Mojave last year, GG have no plan to fix it. So I have to use my wife's old PC to upload rounds.

Do you also use the Game Golf App when going around, or just the puk? I really dunno what is up with mine, if other people are having no problems

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you also use the Game Golf App when going around, or just the puk? I really dunno what is up with mine, if other people are having no problems

Game golf really got poor when they decided to bring out the pro which is useless from anyone I know who uses one

They stopped focusing on their amazing live device and focused on the poor pro which means the live is average now

albie999

Visit site
Game golf really got poor when they decided to bring out the pro which is useless from anyone I know who uses one

They stopped focusing on their amazing live device and focused on the poor pro which means the live is average now
Really is a shame, as the idea of it is great .... just now the execution seems to be poor. Might see if I can sell it

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really is a shame, as the idea of it is great .... just now the execution seems to be poor. Might see if I can sell it

Mines hit and miss these days

Any issues I just plug into pc and upload like the old system which still is decent

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just the GPS unit, never start the app at all. I turn on the unit about 5 minutes before teeing off and just tag each shot.

I have an Apple Watch and use the Tag Heuer (previously Fun Golf GPS) app for distances.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My unit (probably 2 years old) seems to have bad battery. It gets to about hole 16 and then powers off. You can power back on but it just powers off soon after. If you plug it in to a PC and run the transfer app, it reckons the battery is about 50%. I have a spare unit with a broken power switch, I will see if I can move the battery over.