How do you think your first round will go?

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm looking forward to playing but dreading how I will probably play. Came at the worst time for me, in that I was almost looking like I knew a little bit about what I was trying to do for the first time since I returned to the game when this all kicked off.

In a way I’m glad of the lockdown time cuz I’m using it to try learn a new swing. God knows if it’ll stick when there’s a real ball and real grass and real trees around the real fairway.

Nevertheless, will be glad to be stood on the tee. Hopefully in the sunshine ?

Wolf

Visit site
Only golfers would moan for weeks we aren't allowed to play, then moan about returning to play for fear of playing crap ?

How will I play no idea probably gonna be at least another 3 months before i get round to playing, but if it's 3 days or 3 months and I play crap I'm really not bothered as lockdown has just reinforced that its merely a game I play as a hobby and there are far more important things I should worry about which beforehand would have been something that bothered me a lot.

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, opening up the golf range looks like it will come a poor second to opening the golf courses. You might need to wait a while before you play, if you want to practice first.

Me? It won't be any different. I am guessing scoring around 85 off a 10 handicap.

where can I bet the overs ;)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I will be using a vintage set for my first round back if the weather holds up.

I waited months to get my dads old clubs regripped. When I finally got round to have them done the lock down kicked in and I've been swinging them in the living room since. They are sitting in a pencil bag ready to go.

If its wet and miserable I'll just use my normal clubs and hide under my powakaddy and brolly.

How will I play. Dont really care tbh. Hope I hit them half decent and gives me the impetus to play more rounds with them this summer as comp golf will be off the cards.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Some good, some bad, and hopefully a load of laughs on the way round. (y)

I did play my last nine holes in last medal round in two over, so would be nice to play like that again.:unsure: More likely I will play like the first nine holes in twelve over.:eek:

Are golfers seriously going to practice before letting themselves get back on the course? Just get out and play. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.(y)

cabbie

Visit site
I always play well when expectations are low. So chances are i'll shoot
88 off 21 followed by 110 next round.
But really not to bothered just want to play

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Expecting to be rubbish, in reality probably no worse or better than usual. But I can assure you I won't care either way. (y)

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Usually after a long lay off I can take a couple of practice swings on the 1st tee and hit the ball reasonably well but anything within 100 yards and I have the touch of an elephant.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
It could go either way, in 2018 I had a couple of months off as working abroad. Landed at 5am and was on the golf course at 9:30 - quick warm up in the net and shot nett 6 under par.

Other times I've had a solid warmup, been practicing regularly and its been a horror story.

That's golf I guess!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I will be using a vintage set for my first round back if the weather holds up.

I waited months to get my dads old clubs regripped. When I finally got round to have them done the lock down kicked in and I've been swinging them in the living room since. They are sitting in a pencil bag ready to go.

If its wet and miserable I'll just use my normal clubs and hide under my powakaddy and brolly.

How will I play. Dont really care tbh. Hope I hit them half decent and gives me the impetus to play more rounds with them this summer as comp golf will be off the cards.

Top man!