How do you plan to improve?

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Play more.
I'm a single figure golfer at the range, but then I don't have to hole out.
Or avoid bunkers, water, trees ..... you get the picture.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
Obviously you have to play but if you only played and never practice youd quickly reach your ceiling figure handicap. Or maybe PGA teaching pros are all in on a big scam and you dont need drills you just need to play more. How many training sessions do footballers have versus games?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Driver lesson.
Practice.
Play
Play
Play
Play
Play
Play
Play
Play
Driver lesson.
Practice.
Play
Play
Play
Play
Play
Play
Play
Play
Short game practice.

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site
Loose strategy 2013

1. 50 full hit range balls for warm up before evry round. No other range visits until I have had some lessons.
2. Lone golf off peak for the next 3 months so that I can drop another ball as often as I like.The occasional social round.
3. Having identified my own set of problems I can't cure by myself, get along for a set of lessons mid summer
4. Stick 3 cards in for a handicap. Haven't had one for a few years now
5. Medal golf from mid August to mid October.
6 Winter maintenance programme 3 rounds per month. 1 lesson per month. 1 x 250 ball range session once a month.
7 New to club so pick up some like minded golf buddies over the course of the year

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Drills, drills and more drills. Its not just the time at the range or on the course that counts.

10-20 mins in the mirror each night doing little positional stance drills can do wonders, add to that grip drills while you watch TV etc and you can get in 40 mins practice each night!

I try and spend more time doing drills than actually swinging at the ball, makes each ball I hit that more valuable.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Chipping.

If you chip them dead you save practically 1 shot every time.

Although I've always thought my short game good and gets me out of trouble, I can look back and think, although I still had a good game I still flopped a few chips that if landed closer, or even on the green at times, it should/could have been a single putt opportunity not a "must get this to save a blob"!

So chipping practice for me also.