How Are Your Members Applying the 3 Minute Rule?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Sorry, boys, but I'm retired and have all day to get my round in. The whole "slow play" thing is a non-issue for me. My buds (mates?) won't play out of order as so-called "ready golf" suggests. It's not golf. We try not to play slowly and usually don't...but I, at least, don't worry about it.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, boys, but I'm retired and have all day to get my round in. The whole "slow play" thing is a non-issue for me. My buds (mates?) won't play out of order as so-called "ready golf" suggests. It's not golf. We try not to play slowly and usually don't...but I, at least, don't worry about it.
What's your typical round time?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Was a bit surprised at the length of time folks spent lookimg for JTs ball short left of the green on the 18th in Hawaii on Sunday - before JT decided it was lost and took a drop. I guess what I was seeing was the searchers looking before JT arrived to start himself - and I'm thinking he probably walked as slowly as he reasonably could...and he had about 300yds to walk.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are definitely looking for less than 5mins - whether we are all looking for no more than 3mins it's hard to say...well of course it's not if we were all timing things...but of course we are not.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are definitely looking for less than 5mins - whether we are all looking for no more than 3mins it's hard to say...well of course it's not if we were all timing things...but of course we are not.
I'm sure you know that a plea of guilty normally gets a lesser sentence. ;)

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
About 4½ hours--riding...and on weekday mornings, the course is over-run with us seniors.
Well, that time is awful, and would generate comments and feedback where I play. At our course, the first two hours of tee times are expected to complete the round in less than four hours.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Well, that time is awful, and would generate comments and feedback where I play.

We don't dilly dally, but some of the guys hit an awfully large number of shots to complete a round.
Plus we play in order. I don't like playing out of order just because somebody out front is ready first.
We need to watch each others shots because we don't see that well any more...the more eyes, the better. (Looking for balls really wastes time.)

We play weekdays to leave the course to younger people on weekends. They have to go to work on weekday mornings.