Hooter sounded for fog

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you arrive at the course and it's closed due to fog, but then re-opens whilst you're having a coffee, but you've missed your tee time, would you be allowed to merge in with those down on the tee-sheet or is it a case of if you miss your time tough?

Where I play if you miss your tee time due to fog you have to rebook.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you arrive at the course and it's closed due to fog, but then re-opens whilst you're having a coffee, but you've missed your tee time, would you be allowed to merge in with those down on the tee-sheet or is it a case of if you miss your time tough?
Miss your time at my place. If possible they will send those still wanting some golf off the tenth for nine holes but carry on from the first in booked order

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am surprised at the (several) comments such as "I'm surprised they let us out" or " they should have called us in earlier" and so on. Does no-one take responsibility for themselves any more? If it was that bad, surely you should be making your own decision to stop play?

At our place, hooter means stop play immediately. Whether you walk in or wait is your choice - but I dont think many choose to stand around aimlessy in the cold damp fog :)