Home Sim-Set-Ups

Springveldt

Visit site
ProTee is pants. Uses sensors under the ball. They have to fiddle with lighting to try balance it out etc.

Gc2 is the way to go. People don’t need head data for practice. It’s dangerous without a coach.
Only used the ProTee sim once and I don't trust the higher speed numbers at all. Was saying nearly every drive I hit was slicing way right, even the ones I hit off the toe. I know the feeling of when I've hit a slice and these were not it. Out on the course next day and those toe strikes where going straight/slight fade like they usually do. One of the lads hit his 3 wood, 106mph swing speed, 154mph ball speed (which I would have guessed at judging by his on course distance, probably carries it around 240) and yet it registered only a 210 yard carry. No wind either on the sim, just totally confusing numbers. I didn't managed to catch all the other numbers as it skipped onto the next player, I should have checked after the session as it must have registered an astronomical spin number for it.

I'm not sure how much the club spent on this but it has all the bells and whistles, vertical cam, horizontal cam, putter mat etc. It was giving you every club data possible, strike point, dynamic loft, swing path etc so I doubt it was cheap. Maybe it's just not calibrated correctly.

I'd use it again for a bit of fun but the numbers it was producing, I just couldn't fathom. I've used a few different launch monitors and understand ball flight/swing speed/swing path/launch/spin etc (even did a lot of the Trackman University stuff while I was bored :oops:) and with the numbers it was giving, it's complete garbage for practice of any sort.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only used the ProTee sim once and I don't trust the higher speed numbers at all. Was saying nearly every drive I hit was slicing way right, even the ones I hit off the toe. I know the feeling of when I've hit a slice and these were not it. Out on the course next day and those toe strikes where going straight/slight fade like they usually do. One of the lads hit his 3 wood, 106mph swing speed, 154mph ball speed (which I would have guessed at judging by his on course distance, probably carries it around 240) and yet it registered only a 210 yard carry. No wind either on the sim, just totally confusing numbers. I didn't managed to catch all the other numbers as it skipped onto the next player, I should have checked after the session as it must have registered an astronomical spin number for it.

I'm not sure how much the club spent on this but it has all the bells and whistles, vertical cam, horizontal cam, putter mat etc. It was giving you every club data possible, strike point, dynamic loft, swing path etc so I doubt it was cheap. Maybe it's just not calibrated correctly.

I'd use it again for a bit of fun but the numbers it was producing, I just couldn't fathom. I've used a few different launch monitors and understand ball flight/swing speed/swing path/launch/spin etc (even did a lot of the Trackman University stuff while I was bored :oops:) and with the numbers it was giving, it's complete garbage for practice of any sort.
You’ll be surprised how cheap the ProTee set up can be.
Did you enjoy hitting shots out of a divot too ?

Springveldt

Visit site
You’ll be surprised how cheap the ProTee set up can be.
Did you enjoy hitting shots out of a divot too ?
No divot as I was told you had to tee everything up. Hitting a gap wedge off a tee was an experience. :ROFLMAO: Went online afterwards as I was thinking "that can't be right" and saw you don't need the tee but you need to hit from the tee holder part which would put you a little divot.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
No divot as I was told you had to tee everything up. Hitting a gap wedge off a tee was an experience. :ROFLMAO: Went online afterwards as I was thinking "that can't be right" and saw you don't need the tee but you need to hit from the tee holder part which would put you a little divot.
Yep. Comical