Home Sim-Set-Ups

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I understand a few members of this forum have them, where is yours? Are you happy with it? Whats the Set-Up?

Moving in the coming months, have the space for an indoor home sim with suitable height and length for use with a radar unit. Looking at the options but always good to see others learnings and set-ups. Not really strict on budget however i'd be happy to spend up to £4-5k on the room. This will include projector but not the gaming pc / launch monitor as I have those. I have a flightscope tour which i'm unsure whether to keep or trade in for a unit that may be better indoors?

I've found going to the practice grounds with the unit and having to pick up my balls etc. puts me off so something indoors would be better suited to work on my swing.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I was looking into this actually but the biggest problem I have is ceiling height, they seem to be quite low in our house. OK for irons but I’d put a driver through the ceiling like Rick Shiels…

G1z1

Visit site
I setup one a few months ago, had a spare room that was used as a junk room so talked wife into a golf room best decision I’ve made. I love mine and seen a huge improvement in my scoring. I always hated going to driving range so never really practiced but now I practice any time I want.
4FD3C0E3-C243-40DA-8C70-F067865B06C8.jpeg1F6CDAB4-CF36-4A57-AD6C-FFE7F5B8C50A.jpeg

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I setup one a few months ago, had a spare room that was used as a junk room so talked wife into a golf room best decision I’ve made. I love mine and seen a huge improvement in my scoring. I always hated going to driving range so never really practiced but now I practice any time I want.
View attachment 41536View attachment 41537

Your wife is amazing.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
View attachment 41536View attachment 41537
Thought r10 requires “The tee location must be at least 8 ft. (2.4 m) from the screen” - looks less than that from your mat to the screen. Does it still work ok?

G1z1

Visit site
Thought r10 requires “The tee location must be at least 8 ft. (2.4 m) from the screen” - looks less than that from your mat to the screen. Does it still work ok?
I think the recommendation is 6 to 8ft and mines sits 7 ft from my mat and works very well, I was originally planing to upgrade to skytrack but I honestly don’t feel the need to upgrade, the r10 does everything I am looking for.

Albo

Visit site
I looked into this in a big way during lockdown, got the green light at home to change the garage into a swing room. However, the celling hight wasnt ideal nor was the room width, I think I could have got away with it, but when I looked at the finances I didnt want to spend the money it was going to cost to have a room that required compromises in my swing (be those only using irons, or not full swing through on driver). So I pulled the plug.

There is a forum which has a huge amount of info and very helpful members golfsimulatorforum if that is in any way helpful to you.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I understand a few members of this forum have them, where is yours? Are you happy with it? Whats the Set-Up?

Moving in the coming months, have the space for an indoor home sim with suitable height and length for use with a radar unit. Looking at the options but always good to see others learnings and set-ups. Not really strict on budget however i'd be happy to spend up to £4-5k on the room. This will include projector but not the gaming pc / launch monitor as I have those. I have a flightscope tour which i'm unsure whether to keep or trade in for a unit that may be better indoors?

I've found going to the practice grounds with the unit and having to pick up my balls etc. puts me off so something indoors would be better suited to work on my swing.
Demolished and rebuilt the garage during lockdown in 2020 all for a sim. Using the mevo +, nice bit of kit. It’s ideal as works great outdoor and very well indoor but does have limitations.
It was a struggle to begin with as was a new product but it’s got better and better each update.
My garage is 6x3.5m and 3.2m high, would have liked it a little longer but works fine can have 4 bodies in. Once you start though you will continually upgrade

[url=https://postimg.cc/3yrBjvrG][/URL]

Last edited:

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have to ask why would you get radar? Even trackman is pretty average indoors……
I venture a guess: there is a number of (more) reasonably priced radar-based options to choose from? They also come with courses included without extra ££/yr?

Springveldt

Visit site
I have to ask why would you get radar? Even trackman is pretty average indoors……
All of the cheaper launch monitors (£600 and under) are radar based. You need to be spending £2000 on a SkyTrak for the entry level camera options.

Totally agree that camera systems are more suited for indoor. Our club recently got a swing room and the launch monitor was one I had never heard of (ProTee). Lots of complaints about the accuracy of it and I've heard the better/team players are all pushing for Trackman to be installed instead. If they are willing to pay that money then GC Quad or GC Hawk would be my vote. If they go cheaper I hope they go GC3/Bushnell.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
All of the cheaper launch monitors (£600 and under) are radar based. You need to be spending £2000 on a SkyTrak for the entry level camera options.

Totally agree that camera systems are more suited for indoor. Our club recently got a swing room and the launch monitor was one I had never heard of (ProTee). Lots of complaints about the accuracy of it and I've heard the better/team players are all pushing for Trackman to be installed instead. If they are willing to pay that money then GC Quad or GC Hawk would be my vote. If they go cheaper I hope they go GC3/Bushnell.
ProTee is pants. Uses sensors under the ball. They have to fiddle with lighting to try balance it out etc.

Gc2 is the way to go. People don’t need head data for practice. It’s dangerous without a coach.