Holidays in the UK 2022

Brads

Visit site
Vast majority of foreign destinations are shallow.
You see the sights then find there is nothing much else.
Britain is multi layered. Your experiences increase.
Many people have told me that when they went to sunny Spain it was either too hot to go outside, it was raining or they couldn't get on a train because all seats were taken. That was my experience too.

When you go to a place for the first time you see only the good things.
Go there again and you start to notice the bad. Like the pile of decaying garbage or the sewage.

Is this a joke post ? trolling ?
No one who claims to have been to as many places could possibly believe this tripe.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Golf is expensive if you look to be a member of one club. €200 a month sees you play four different courses. However €160,000 will buy you a 3 bed detached villa with a pool, leaving plenty for the golf.

That sounds lovely .. sell up move over job done lol

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well Stefan will love this but we are firmly in the going abroad group plus UK.

Managed flights to Santander fro under a tender return with Ryanair each. Going through Manchester Airport a walk in the park. Coming back yesterday flight delayed by 40 minutes.

when we arrived in Manchester there were no dispatchers to open the Airport door and we had to wait a further 20 minutes and then had a 2 hour drive home. Apparently they cannot get the staff and they are rushed off their feet at 9.30 p.m so imagine what it is like during the day.

Santander fabulous, great fish, excellent beaches, good day trips 21 degrees, highly recommended. The positives far outweigh Manchester Airport problems

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well Stefan will love this but we are firmly in the going abroad group plus UK.

Managed flights to Santander fro under a tender return with Ryanair each. Going through Manchester Airport a walk in the park. Coming back yesterday flight delayed by 40 minutes.

when we arrived in Manchester there were no dispatchers to open the Airport door and we had to wait a further 20 minutes and then had a 2 hour drive home. Apparently they cannot get the staff and they are rushed off their feet at 9.30 p.m so imagine what it is like during the day.

Santander fabulous, great fish, excellent beaches, good day trips 21 degrees, highly recommended. The positives far outweigh Manchester Airport problems
Whereabouts in the UK is Santander? ;)

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Managed flights to Santander fro under a tender return with Ryanair each.
Had to look this one up.
"This is a label that is fixed to the tender for it to be returned to the tenderer."

Still confused? I think so.

Is it a bank or building society?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'd definitely be wasting away like Foxholer if I stayed in Spain for any length of time.
The country has a major flaw.
Because of its hard religion, it never embraced science like Britain, France, Italy and Germany.
Do the ex pats that live there actually work there?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd definitely be wasting away like Foxholer if I stayed in Spain for any length of time.
The country has a major flaw.
Because of its hard religion, it never embraced science like Britain, France, Italy and Germany.
Do the ex pats that live there actually work there?
Getting into the realms of politics, so only a quick dip, but it's not the religion that's the problem, nor the practitioners...It's those administering it - the politicians - that are the problem! If it was just 'the religion', Italy particularly and France would not be in your 'like ...' list!
And FWIW, he mythical Margaritaville would no doubt be in a high percentage Spanish speaking area - with an implied suggeston of Mexico.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Passport renewal commenced on 28th April.

Arrived busy courier this morning. Normal renewal, done on line, no premium fees.

I believe that so many Passport Office staff working from home is the issue. They are clearly struggling to process paper based applications received through the post because the logistics of not actually being in the workplace to deal with those applications as they arrive is problematic.

That’s clearly not the case with online applications, which can be processed remotely. It’s no coincidence, I’m sure, that the most time consuming aspect of the renewal I submitted for my daughter recently was the PO confirming receipt of her old passport. That took 10 days from the date it was actually signed for at Bootle. The process from that point on only took another week.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Pricing for UK cottage breaks seems to be wobbling towards pre covid equilibrium. Some is quite reasonable, some not.

A place we've used wants £1600 for a week in July. That's double the price we're paying somewhere else. I know the owners well, and i see they are still empty for the whole school holidays. When he asked when we were coming this year, I said we were not. I thought about telling him he's charging daft money, but not sure it's my place to say. He can take a view based on his occupancy rates.

I think many folk are heading overseas again this year. We're back in the Algarve in September...UK accommodation might be easier to get this summer....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pricing for UK cottage breaks seems to be wobbling towards pre covid equilibrium. Some is quite reasonable, some not.

A place we've used wants £1600 for a week in July. That's double the price we're paying somewhere else. I know the owners well, and i see they are still empty for the whole school holidays. When he asked when we were coming this year, I said we were not. I thought about telling him he's charging daft money, but not sure it's my place to say. He can take a view based on his occupancy rates.

I think many folk are heading overseas again this year. We're back in the Algarve in September...UK accommodation might be easier to get this summer....

if you know the owners well why wouldnt you give him constructive feedback and try and help him?