Holidays 2023

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Six adults and three grandchildren all ready to fly off to Disneyworld, Florida in March. Been planning and saving for three years, it's amazing how much preparation is required nowadays.
We ended up with an excel spreadsheet with our plan for each day as so much required advanced bookings etc. TheDibb forum was a great resource for tips and tricks and all our efforts with the planning definitely paid off in making the holiday more enjoyable once there.

We're looking to combine a Florida / Caribbean trip next year but the rising costs are very concerning at the moment.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We ended up with an excel spreadsheet with our plan for each day as so much required advanced bookings etc. TheDibb forum was a great resource for tips and tricks and all our efforts with the planning definitely paid off in making the holiday more enjoyable once there.

We're looking to combine a Florida / Caribbean trip next year but the rising costs are very concerning at the moment.

I have looked at going back in the past to go there and Univesal. Some of the Youtube Sites like DFB Guide can be useful as well (that was what helped me realise that it was too much effort for me these days)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

The Dibb is essential to make a Florida trip go smoothly. It really is recommended reading.

Reactions: Val

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
we are going to book a cruise this weekend for next Sep. Looking at 14 nights in the Med, sailing from Southampton so get the bonus of sun without having to worry about the airports :cool:
Just booked a 13 night cruise with Celebrity for Spain and the Med - calling at Malaga, Rome (ish!), Florence/Pisa, Cagliari, Marseille and Cadiz. Only 345 days to wait :cool:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Disneyland Paris booked for February half term, for my 40th.
We booked a week all inclusive in Portugal last night, for next July. Will have to request the boy misses the last day of term, £900 difference.
Vegas for next September with the lads.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Noss Mayo for a few days in Nov then yesterday we booked flights to Athens in first couple of weeks June. Couple of nights in Athens and 9 in couple of places in the Peloponnese.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We'll, after what has seemed like ages, our summer holiday is nearly here again.
Fly out in three weeks time for a fortnight back in Poros, Kefalonia.
Can't wait.
We've been to Kos and Crete before, but Kefalonia is our favourite Greek island so far.
The food is terrific, the wine very quaffable and the scenery is superb.
Will rent a car for the duration, and just spend the fortnight visiting different beaches, restaurants and bars.
Parp parp!!
👍👍👍👍👍

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've booked to go to Fuerteventura this summer and honestly didn't know there was a golf course on site...

Anyone played the Fuerteventura Golf Club before?

Literally counting down the days now and not going until August :ROFLMAO:

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’m away to the Algarve in 7 weeks time, never been to Portugal in my life before.
Old man has played golf here a few times and prefers it over Spain.
Might try and get a round in myself 😂😂
We've been many times before, love the place, the food and the people.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
We’re going to Spain. Specifically, we’re off to Malaga for a week, then 10 days with friends doing a little road trip around southern Spain finishing back home in time for the Moors & Christians fiesta. Party time!

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
I've booked to go to Fuerteventura this summer and honestly didn't know there was a golf course on site...

Played it before the lockdown so a few years ago now , honestly cannot remember what it was like apart from the heat☀️ so would say take plenty of liquids

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site

Staying at the Elba Palace? Lovely hotel.

Fuerteventura Golf Club is unlike most other golf courses I've experienced in the Canaries - in that there is actually grass everywhere rather than just on the fairways. You aren't playing surrounded by a lunar landscape, and there is real sand in the bunkers instead of volcanic gravel.

Beware the second hole. A par 5 with a road down the right and a huge storm drain down the left. It's pretty narrow at the start then widens out after about 200 yards. A long iron or hybrid off the tee is probably advisable, unless you are confident you can hit the driver straight.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Staying at the Elba Palace? Lovely hotel.

Fuerteventura Golf Club is unlike most other golf courses I've experienced in the Canaries - in that there is actually grass everywhere rather than just on the fairways. You aren't playing surrounded by a lunar landscape, and there is real sand in the bunkers instead of volcanic gravel.

Beware the second hole. A par 5 with a road down the right and a huge storm drain down the left. It's pretty narrow at the start then widens out after about 200 yards. A long iron or hybrid off the tee is probably advisable, unless you are confident you can hit the driver straight.

Played it before the lockdown so a few years ago now , honestly cannot remember what it was like apart from the heat☀️ so would say take plenty of liquids

Cheers gents! Sounds like it’s worth a go!

Yeah I’m at the Elba! They even discount the golf for guests 😂 win win!

I’ll be using rental clubs so it’ll be a real roll of the dice as to what clubs I use where 😂 nice to hear it’s worth a go though!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Having been to Center Parcs at Easter we have gone for a more budget option in the summer and are going to the Amalfi Coast.

Lady from my work went around then too… I almost cried for her when she told me how much Center Parks cost her for a week 😂

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It’s on our doorstep in Sherwood Forest and Ave never given it a thought about going 😳

They are expensive places to visit. But you know what you are getting, the places are consistent with what you get and are safe enough to give the kids a bit of freedom to roam.

The kids spent between 3 and 6 hours a day in the pool, every day.