Hole in one poll

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Have you had an ace?

• Total voters

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have had one, not long after I first started playing. 2nd hole at Tunbridge Wells GC (Spa). 7 iron, 2 or 3 bounces and rolled in. The 2nd tee was right next to the 1st green and I nearly gave the two old boys putting on it heart attacks with my celebrations....

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Three.

The first one on the 12th at Teesside. 4 iron into a really stiff breeze, after playing the shot I could still see the ball on the green but lost sight of it when we came down off the elevated tee. When we got to the green the ball was nowhere to be seen, it was in the hole. The ball had obviously come to rest against the flag which was being bent by the wind, and then fallen in once it subsided a bit.

The other two were both on our uphill par 3 16th, so uphill that you can barely see the flag never mind the hole.

So 3 holes in one, and I haven't seen the ball go in once.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nowt here either.

A couple of close ones within an inch, and one with a part of the ball literally perring into the cup.

Thing is though, they're not all they're cracked up to be. :LOL:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
10 years of trying.
Been close a good few times, including one that I believe was kept out by the foam that’s been put into the cups recently. And one that lipped the hole at Trump Aberdeen (I was praying that it didn’t go in as it was about £6 a pint and there were loads of us).

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
No. Hit the pin dead square on an uphill par 4 (as witnessed by the group ahead who watched it as they were walking off), having been goaded into hitting driver by my playing partners (I'd chosen an iron and as I walked to tee it up, clucking noises could be heard... :ROFLMAO:). Ball sat on the edge of the cup as I walked up.

D

Deleted member 17920

Two for me.

5th Hotchkin
8th Hotchkin

Was one inch away on the 12th the other month to complete the set.