Hole in one poll

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Have you had an ace?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1740

Just the 1.

172yard 4th at Eccleston park. Sadly it’s closed now.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't vote...
I haven't had "an" Ace
Need an option for 3:whistle::LOL:
Also love the way that, before you vote, it says Multiple votes allowed.....:unsure:

I could go for the the two options one I had was one of the worst shots I have had in my life time. The fact that it went down the hole was a shear fluke.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Seen three, had none in 48 years.

Two of the ones I have seen were when letting group behind through. Par threes ar Broadsone can’t be that difficult Gordon, as one of the hole in ones was at your 11th.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
10 years of trying.
Been close a good few times, including one that I believe was kept out by the foam that’s been put into the cups recently. And one that lipped the hole at Trump Aberdeen (I was praying that it didn’t go in as it was about £6 a pint and there were loads of us).
This.
I was talking to a guy once after a match, and we were talking holes in one. He told us of the time he had one while he was playing in a county pairs comp, mid-summer, golfers going off dawn till dusk, and he was off early.

He said the host club were great to him, gave him a crate of whiskey and allowed him to replace it at a later date after he'd found the same stuff at the lowest price possible.

D

Deleted member 15344

This.
I was talking to a guy once after a match, and we were talking holes in one. He told us of the time he had one while he was playing in a county pairs comp, mid-summer, golfers going off dawn till dusk, and he was off early.

He said the host club were great to him, gave him a crate of whiskey and allowed him to replace it at a later date after he'd found the same stuff at the lowest price possible.
The hole in one i had at Ellesborough was during a club match , what was also happening that day was a ladies match so when I rung the bell the bill was quite large - thankfully I claimed it all back from the club.

At Woburn it was Invitational Day and most people leave after the second round ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
None, but seen 3 PP get one.

I've been playing with 4 that have had HIO's but only seen three of those. There was mist blanking out the green in the trees when my son had one in a comp so neither of us saw it until we started searching.

One of my regular playing partners has had 3; I've witnessed two of them.

One was a superbly struck wood into a headwind on our longest par 3 that never left the flag. (y) :)

The other was the polar opposite. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the ones I witnessed bought a big grin to all bar two players.

I was refereeing the final of our winter K.O.. One of the members from one side put it to 6" and one of the players from the other side had a hole in one.
The other funny bit was the first side still had a chance to half the hole, both players on the green and the one furthest away got a shot but sadly lipped out.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Seen three, had none in 48 years.

Two of the ones I have seen were when letting group behind through. Par threes ar Broadsone can’t be that difficult Gordon, as one of the hole in ones was at your 11th.
We need a little mickey mouse hole like your 12th ?