Hole in one poll

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Have you had an ace?

• Total voters
D

Deleted Member 1156

Just curious to find out what percentage of people have had an ace. Nearly 50 years of trying but still waiting for my first.

If you've had one (or more!) please feel free to recount it :)

briannn

Hacker
Visit site
Got 1 in 2019. A 127 yards 9 iron par 3 ata wee course on Craig Tara caravan site. Was out playing myself and ran up to double check it had bounced in.
Also managed to hit the flag on 2 occasions, once at the Roxburgh possibly the 11th or 12th hole where you hit over water and then another time at rowallan castle again maybe about hole 12

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Can't vote...
I haven't had "an" Ace
Need an option for 3:whistle::LOL:
Also love the way that, before you vote, it says Multiple votes allowed.....:unsure:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Two! Both with 7 irons and at different courses. One in a friendly walk round the other immediately following shaking hands in a 4bbb knockout match

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
1. Slightly downhill, about 160 yards, firm ground, into the sun.
Good strike with the 7iron lost the flight in the sun but I knew it would be down there somewhere.
Couldn't find it, looked in the hole..Bingo.

2. 130ish yards into a breeze
Smooth 8 iron, 2 bounces and dropped

3. About 130ish again, this time a thinned 9 iron barely got 5 feet off the ground, smacked the pin dead centre and dropped...

D

Deleted member 1147

4th at Sherwood Forest, 180 into a strong wind.
Perfectly struck 5 iron , delicious ?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Was on the first par 3 played after the November golf shutdown.
I'd always felt there is a decent amount of luck involved and that hasn't changed having finally had one ?. But what was pleasing is I'd been working on neutralising swing path during the break and this strike (8 iron) was a proper one and landed close to the target.

Visit site
About 10 years ago in the second round of our 2 day championship. Took an extra club 7 iron and got it over the front bunker. It rolled close but we didnt see it drop as the pin was just over a brow of a hill.
But the guys on the next tee shouted back to us that it had gone in.

Also I have hit the flag, and had another couple within 12 inches.