Hitting my Wedges longer, too Long

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Something I need to do is work out my distances, albeit not for the same reasons as you :)

You must be generating some clubhead speed, have you been fitted for shafts out of interest? Might be worthwhile to make sure you're getting the best out of the swing.

There is another lad on here (MadAdey?) who hits it miles and was going to get fitted for a scaffolding pole :)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
a mate of mine hits his pw over 150 regulary. hes having trouble with 80yard shots. hes flying these with his sandwedge. told him to try out a 58. he deloefts the club and also holds his right hand in a very strong position. i think this allows him to push these clubs to these distances.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Or your jealous, i know what i hit.
I dont appreciate this either im here for help and guidance not your BS cause your not a good golfer
Any more Posts like this on one of my threads ill be reporting you
and for your info the longest ive hit my P is 135
generally its 125 130

SORRY, If post offended
I was WITH YOU ALL THE WAY until you said U werent Going at it With POWER, just TEMPO
Then I just thought it was YET ANOTHER forum guy that posts another Distance Boast then disappears, my 1st Month on HERE was taken up Reading about 300YARDS Mike, 99.9% of the Time...........

So Apologies if my Hungover Grumpiness was taken the Wrong Way

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
a mate of mine hits his pw over 150 regulary. hes having trouble with 80yard shots. hes flying these with his sandwedge. told him to try out a 58. he deloefts the club and also holds his right hand in a very strong position. i think this allows him to push these clubs to these distances.

Does his PW have a 7 stamped on the bottom?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Moody git, typical ping user :)

Yep well, After Yesterdays Round, I felt i deserved a 'Couple'
Then wake up today, with the reality of my NIGHTSHIFT starting tonight at 6pm..........!!!!
And NO MORE GOLF till sunday morning :angry:
When all u want to do is get back out there

Never Mind , Captains Drive In sunday, 930am tee, quickly drive home, leave car, then HID drop me back at club, for an afternoons ( maybe night too....hic ) DRINK :cheers: , Entertainment, normally real good day.........Bring It On
Just 3 Bloody 12 hr nights to get outa the way 1st :angry:

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
SORRY, If post offended
I was WITH YOU ALL THE WAY until you said U werent Going at it With POWER, just TEMPO
Then I just thought it was YET ANOTHER forum guy that posts another Distance Boast then disappears, my 1st Month on HERE was taken up Reading about 300YARDS Mike, 99.9% of the Time...........

So Apologies if my Hungover Grumpiness was taken the Wrong Way

i still have to put power into it, but before it was more like a smash not concetrating on smooth flow
So i decided more tempo to my swing more controlled thats all
Sure we are cool

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
i still have to put power into it, but before it was more like a smash not concetrating on smooth flow
So i decided more tempo to my swing more controlled thats all
Sure we are cool

I would DEFO still ask your Pro
There still must be slight technique flaw
As there isnt much difference, between, 135yds PW, and u flying the green with your 62deg wedge, 70yds to middle, and flying it by 20yds, must be roughly 100-110yds.......??
There must be 15 - 17 degrees loft difference between your PW ( 45-47...?? ) and your 62 Lob Wedge...?

So there SHOULD BE a much larger yardage gap between the 2 Wedges

I have to say though, the 62 deg Wedge is very EASY to go WRONG with, so hats off to you, trying to hit it that far
Me........Id be taking something Off my 54 deg Instead, or even my 50, as I hate pushing clubs to their Limits

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hit my 8 iron 150 no BS, ive really impoved these last few months
last rnd had 80, par is 71 long ish course

There again.........135 yds with a PW, and 150yds with an 8 iron, that dont add up
U really should be pushing approx 15 yds between irons........roughly, at how far u are hitting your PW

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Does his PW have a 7 stamped on the bottom?

no this guy hits these clubs along way. his brother who uses the same set up and technique managed to hit a par 5 with a drive and 7 iron. ive never got on this green in two in my puff. its 500yards.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Generally with a PW 130, Generally with a 9 140 Generally with a 8 150
Approx 15 yards for some people yes
but for me its about 10 yrds diffrence for my irons
thats why its so important for me, to get the distance right and since ive been playing better hitting ball cleaner and longer
My own range finder in my head that was pretty decent and gone to pieces

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There again.........135 yds with a PW, and 150yds with an 8 iron, that dont add up
U really should be pushing approx 15 yds between irons........roughly, at how far u are hitting your PW

moogie has a point here. 15yards between pw and 8i is just wrong.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what doesnt add up for me is your 90-100yard 62 wedge, and 125-130 pw. maybe you deloft the club with the high lofts and dont with pw, 9i etc. thats the only way i can see you hitting these distances.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
there is a 3club difference between the 62* wedge and pitching wedge. this is what im having trouble gettin my head around.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Glad to know people read posts here
ive said a few times now i do deloft my wedges 8 and 9 slightly for a cleaner hit
i know what im hitting, i wanted advice on best way to judge distances with the the use of TECH
any suggestions please

Im not hitting crazy distances anyway, whats the problem