Hip Rotation in Swing

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
So. Week 5.

This week I’ve been working on the feel of using my hips to initiate the swing instead of being so ‘armsy’. I posted a swing from a fat shot earlier in the week and it was noticeable how uninvolved my lower body was.

Last night at the range I tried to really address this and feel that in the backswing I’m using the hips quite a lot better, and evidence of this in the below video is how much more still my head was as I could rotate around without swaying.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/NMkuQLfvc5o[/youtube]

My contact was actually good here, and I feel like it’s already made a big difference in terms of consistency of context.

However - I notice at impact I’m hardly rotated in the lower body at all, I’m almost back to address position in the hips. It’s like I’ve focussed so much on the backswing that I don’t know what to do next.

What would be a good thought or drill to address this and get a better turn through the ball? I think my hips should be pointing pretty much towards target by impact, right? Whereas mine are beginning the turn at/post impact.

All help much appreciated :)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dont think you can turn into dustin johnson over night. The pros get themsleves open unbelievably well.

There are loads of videos on YouTube with separation drills. That is the feeling you are after.

You are right. You return to a very similar looking set up position which is extremely common. Dont worry you will loosen up and begin to rotate better with some work, understanding and trust.

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks Gary. Completely agree. I’m really pleased with how much I’ve kicked on in a few weeks....I think it’s a double edged sword because as you improve your goalposts move, I guess that’s what keeps us coming back for more!!

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks Gary. Completely agree. I’m really pleased with how much I’ve kicked on in a few weeks....I think it’s a double edged sword because as you improve your goalposts move, I guess that’s what keeps us coming back for more!!

I know it’s not for everyone, but have you tried a TPI assessment? I went through one and it highlighted where I needed to improve flexibility and what I needed to do to improve. Pretty much got told I was a lost cause tho 😂😂