Hillside draw and info for Monday's mega meet

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really was a top day and what a course, one stunning hole after another. Certainly a course I will be heading back to in the future. It is easily top of my list of courses that I have played (which I admit is not a massive number).

As usual the company and banter was of the highest order so a massive thanks to all who attended and all those involved in arranging another top GM event.

Very happy to have won nearest the pin but despite what anyone says it was a low punchy shot under the wind that won it and not a thinned 5 iron.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I should also point out that while we were teeing off on the 10th, 2 senior members, who had played behind us on the front 9, approached us and congratulated our group on the speed of play. This thanks should be passed on to everybody who played today. It was a nice gesture and really made me feel welcome.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
What can I say that’s not already been said?

A truly superb day organised by Team GM, big thanks guys, at a gorgeous course that is definitely the best I've played, in fantastic weather and in great company, the only downside to these meets is that you don't have time to meet everybody.

Big thanks to playing partners Mal and Stuart (sweatysock and Stuart_C) who were great guys. We came out the blocks well and reached the turn with a team score of 42 but the back nine wasn’t so good, I think we were too busy admiring the views, and we finished with 70 and well out the places.

Excellent buffet after and thanks again to Stuart who kept us in stitches, never try and take a chip of this man's plate!

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
OK, have to come out from behind the sombrero at some point!! Just goes to prove that every dog has his day and today was certainly mine......My best ever round on an away course, my joint best ever Stableford (43pts), great weather, good company and top course. A days golf really doesn't get any better.

Obviously played well which does colour opinions on courses but Hillside is now firmly up there in my top few having never played it before. Thanks to playing partners Danny, Mark and Mike, to Mike/Jezz for organising and the sponsors for the excellent prize table.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just add my thanks to mike, jezz and the GM team for a cracking day the course weather and company was superb.
Played birkdale recently and there is very little between the course IMO.
Look for to the next day.

DCB

Visit site
What a day. Thanks to GM for organising another superb event. Thanks to Jezz and Rick for the good company out on the course on such a stunning day. I really don't think we could have had weather that was any better than that for playing golf. A big thanks to Hillside for welcoming and accommodating us all and for having the course in such superb condition. It really is a stunning course.

So how do you top this one GM ?

The only downside was hitting torrential rain with an hour and a half left to drive home.

DSC01389.jpg

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thankyou to Mike and Jezz for organising a great day out.
The venue certainly was fitting for the mega meet.
This was definately the best links course i have played.
A lot easier to play with the conditions be calm,im sure with a wind it could have been brutal.
Myself and my playing partners,Rob and James,who were both great company marvelled all the way around.
I hope Robs cough is better today,i thought he was going to cough up a lung at one stage,and
he doesnt smoke.
Definately a thinkers course,you wont be surprised to hear i didnt use my driver once[but he enjoyed the walk]
Third in the team event with 78 points,just 2 silly holes cost us the number 1 spot.
Also 3rd in the individual event with 35 points,so well pleased with my haul for the day.
Well played to the other winners,espescially Alan that was a fantastic round.
Definatey worth the 8hr round trip.
Roll on Blackmoor

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awesome day, awesome company, superbly run!!!! Thanks to GM for organising it and to my playing partners GB72 and Gillemot. Congrats to all the prize winners, thought 32pts might have had a sniff at a place , but i left a few out there that cost me.

Hesketh today with RickG and hopefully StuC ....beats the crap out of working !!!!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everything has been said - fantastic organisation, company and weather - and a truly stunning course. 4 blobs and lost balls on the front gave me a massive 12 - but no lost balls and 4 over on the back for a nice 21 with a stupid double on the esiest hole and 2 good birdie chances missed.

Andy - ask Rick about his new mates from Norwich!

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
OK, have to come out from behind the sombrero at some point!! Just goes to prove that every dog has his day and today was certainly mine......My best ever round on an away course, my joint best ever Stableford (43pts), great weather, good company and top course. A days golf really doesn't get any better.

Obviously played well which does colour opinions on courses but Hillside is now firmly up there in my top few having never played it before. Thanks to playing partners Danny, Mark and Mike, to Mike/Jezz for organising and the sponsors for the excellent prize table.

Well played sounds like you had a stunning round!!!! Great to hear everyone had such a good day and I didn't realise Kenny Dalglish was a Forum member!!!! ;0)

sweatysock41

Q-School Graduate
www.oakridgegolfclub.co.uk
Just to add to what has already been said - a superb day out. Thanks to Nick (Crow) and Stuart (Stuart_C) for their great company & Stuart for his post round entertainment. One thing I couldn't get my head round - Rick G did not have the loudest outfit on a glorious sunny day. I do remember an orange number that would put Ricky Fowler in the shade.

Huge thanks to Mike, Jezz & the team and to Hillside GC for their hospitality.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As stated before, everything about the day was superb. Organisation was brilliant as was the course but it all counts for nothing if the company is poor. In this case, the company made sure it was wonderful. Many thanks to Alan, Danny and Mike. I only wish I could watch and play golf like Alan did, all the time. Well done. It seems wrong that those courses are all together on that coastline though.

D

Deleted member 1740

Oh, and congratulations to one guy who got his picture taken with his Idol. Thats right, Kenny Dalgliesh was lucky enough to get a picture with our own Stuart C.

This is now replacing the wedding photo of me and my tart on the mantle piece!

IMAG0212.jpg

After my best shot of the day was missed by the GM photographer (Grrrrr) this certainly made up for the disappointment!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is now replacing the wedding photo of me and my tart on the mantle piece!

IMAG0212.jpg

After my best shot of the day was missed by the GM photographer (Grrrrr) this certainly made up for the disappointment!

Is that after his round. I was gonna ask him and Jocky (Alan hansen, to the uninitiated) for an autograph when we let them play through, but thought do I do it before their shots, while the other one is playing or after their shots?

Etiquette got the better of me and I thought let them concentrate on their game, then they were in their buggy and gone. Bugger!!

2 all time heroes of mine.

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is that after his round. I was gonna ask him and Jocky (Alan hansen, to the uninitiated) for an autograph when we let them play through, but thought do I do it before their shots, while the other one is playing or after their shots?

Etiquette got the better of me and I thought let them concentrate on their game, then they were in their buggy and gone. Bugger!!

2 all time heroes of mine.

I got them and let me tell you got a mouthful of abuse for asking.....albeit after they had signed it then Daglish decided to look at my score....them comments were not pretty lol

But he redeemed himself by asking how I played the last to which i could reply Par :eek:)

D

Deleted member 1147

A bit late with my thankyou's, but better late than never.

Thanks to GMs Mike & Jezz etc for organising a great day out.
Hillside, well what a course, shame I couldn't do i justice on the day.
To Andy (Junior) & Greg (GB72), thanks for a great game and good banter. Sorry my driving was so awful and led to lots of searching (still can't believe I lost that one on 11).
Good to meet some more forummers and I'm looking forward to next years meet.
Cheers