Here we go again...again.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
How can this game be so bloody infuriating!!
During today's round I experienced/endured just about everything on offer.
Firstly I managed to lose 3 balls on the first hole. Top notch stuff eh? Ist drive went sailing right in to the trees. Provisional was topped all of 45 yards. 2nd go at the provisional hooked it left into more trees. Couldn't find either. Only playing a friendly so dropped another down and sliced it deep into knee high rough never to be seen again.
Then I went par, birdie and thought things were looking up. But every drive after that was a pure slice nothing less..
Until the 9th. For some reason I absolutely nailed one that actually ran out of fairway - where did that come from? Again on the 11th - a cracker. Then on the 13th-18th back to the slicing.
The driver very nearly went in the stream by the 18th tee I was so fed up. How can I slice so badly 8 times but cream it so well twice with seemingly the same swing?
I sliced it so badly on the 13th I missed our fairway by, wait for it, about 70 yards!! Parked it in the middle of the 11th fairway.

Racked off to the point of suicidal - me? Never.
Maybe a draw-bias driver is the answer..

Robokolo

Club Champion
Visit site
what loft is your driver? a 13 degree driver tends to be more accurate and forgiving than a 8.5 degree one. Also a draw biased driver is ok for days when our slicing or pushing the ball but on those days where the big duck hook comes out it will offer no forgiveness.

Also in my opinion it doesn't feel right i would rather have a good swing and hit the ball straight than a good club that hits the ball straight for me

CP1

Medal Winner
Visit site
It is a strange game. I have changed grip and clubs apart from driver. However during the change my driving was woeful. Now i was out the other day and decided that I would give it a try. I hit all but one fairway. All straight and all about 250+ i couldnt believe it how consistent i was with the diver, just my irons let me down typical. One thing works the other doesnt. frustrating. Usually Im not very consistent with the driver and often slice or go 75 yards so I would just not use it for a couple of rounds and go back to it

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can only say one thing (being me, it'll take more than a few words though!)

Sometimes, things are just not meant to be; I've had the odd game when I know there's nothing wrong with my swing but seem to "forget" how to play golf. Driver results come and go, if it doesn't fix itself, go for a lesson or play yourself back into shape. Sometimes it's just a timing thing, some times it's a glitch with posture or distance from the ball etc. etc.

Keep your chin up; you'll get back to normal soon enough.

I played in a 9 hole the other afternoon/eve and played 6 over. Not too bad off 12? except I was 2 over for 8 holes and 4 over for one. I was beside myself. I'm just glad the boys with me pointed out what happened was 99% bad luck.......

:cool: :rolleyes:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thats why we keep coming bak for more. I know youa re a decent golfer and so put it down to one of those days. If it helps I played one afternoon last week (joys of flexi) and the course was empty and I was up for it. I lost five (yes five!!) balls. One at the first, one at the second and two at the third. I never hit a proper shot all round but chipped and putted really well so at least I had something to take from it