Help with Hybrid please someone?!...

rhubarbtheatregolf

Medal Winner
www.rhubarbtheatre.co.uk
Recently purchased Adams IDEA A7 19° (3 Iron), fitted with Axivcore Proforce R-flex 85-Series HY shaft. Superb club, which feels high quality, and initial shots (before purchasing) had excellent results - good p'owerful penetration - if a little lower flight than previously experienced with similar-lofted hybrids. Now, having purchased the club and played a few shots with it, I seem to be struggling. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE? My shots are (nearly always) moving left-to-right, like an excessive draw shape. This wouldn't be so bad of course, but they rarely fly over 10-ft in height (height with hybrids was something I had never previously had difficulty with). Basically I am having difficulty maintaining control over the direction of the - at least initial - flight. I accept that this 19° (3-iron) will never give me a particularly high flight, but the low trajectory, couple with the right-to-left shape is trashing any chances I might have dropping softly a green, or even a simple recovery back onto the fairway from distance. Does my problem sound like a swing fault? I do accept that its difficult to accurately advise me without actually seeing me swing with this Hybrid. However, based on my H'cap of 12, my swing speed averaging between 80 and 95, and my other clubs; G15 Driver fitted with PING TFC 149 Reg flex & i15 irons fit with Reg flex, does this suggest the Axivcore shaft and/or Adams A7 Hybrid - superb quality as they are - night not be appropriate for me? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you Forumers. Regards, Philip.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I assume you are a left hander?

Swing speed 80-95, I presume that is 95 driver, 80 6 iron? If so, I would think you have plenty of swing speed for the Axivcore R flex. The Adams A7 is a fairly forgiving hybrid, so maybe you are overpowering it? A draw usually implies too soft flex, although that is often also a high flight.

However, the Axiv is a firmer shaft than the Ping, so hard to say without seeing what is going on.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry, I am a right-handed golfer, so I mean my shots are moving right-to-left (right-handed draw shape), not left-to-right as I have incorrectly typed - apologies.

No matter, same principle applies. Is your driver swing speed 95mph?

THJahar

Head Pro
Visit site
I was doing the same as I was trying to hit with a hybrid the same way as i would hit with a wood.
my cure was this, go to the range hit a ball with an 8 iron then hit a ball with the hybrid, repeat...
you soon begin to groove the same swing with the hybrid as you do with the irons...instant improvement.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
as above, try to hit the hybrid like a 6 iron and booooooom. trying to hit it like a 5 wood wont work.

I tend to have two different shots with my hrbid. Hit down like a 6 iron for more carry and less roll, or hit it like a 4 iron for a lower penertrating flight with more roll. but hitting it like a wood just doesnt work.