Help to find a 70's toy/game

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forummers of a certain age may be able to help me out here.
I was talking to my mate recently about things we used to play with when we were younger and how some of them were making a bit of a comeback as retro toys. ie Evel Knievel wind up toy.(Of which I have one btw)
Anyway, we got onto transfers, and landscapes that came with them that you put the transfers onto to create your own situation. Not really sure if I'm describing these properly,but I remember I had a Star Wars one where the background was a desert landscape (Alderon? sp?) and you could transfer R2D2,C3PO and all the different characters on to it. I think you could get them in various types. Westerns (Cowboys/Indians) etc.
This was and is very vague to me even now and I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it, but if I'm not and anyone else remembers these and knows if you can still get them, I 'm positive my kids would love them and would get some for them.
Ring any bells?

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember them. Seem to recall the stickers were rubberised. Also remember a landscape type thingy where you put permanent transfers on by going over the sheet with a pen.
I'm sure places like toys r us would stock them

DCB

Visit site
Yep, I had the Battle of Britain book and had virtually all the available transfers rubbed on to the centre page.

Amazing how simple our entertainment was back then! No computers we had to do it for ourselves.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Wow, that is a blast from the past. I used to go nuts at my younger brother for putting them in the wrong place!

Just lay the transfer sheet on the background in the desired position, and effectively scribble all over the subject that you want to 'transfer'. Brilliant.

Anyone had fuzzy felt?

No rather obviously rude answers please. ;)

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone had fuzzy felt?

No rather obviously rude answers please. ;)

[/QUOTE]

No but i whacked my knuckles with my canackers many times :eek:

Apologies to 3offthetee for going of topic!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
God, I remember the transfer thingies, too. Wow. Deep recesses of the memory.

How simply amused we were then. I was happy for hours with a jobby on a stick or catching bumble bees in a jar!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I too remeber the transfers. Wow, I am geting old.

John - What is a jobby on a stick? For us Southerners, it means something, but probably not what you mean.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nah, Murph. It probably is what you're thinking about! Sorry to get all lavatorial. These were the days before the poop-scoop and fines for dog owners.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Jeez, Sammmebee is right, there really is nothing to do in Scotland but golf, if that is the only other form of entertainment on offer!

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If my memory serves me right , you used to get sets of transfers with certain breakfast cereals and the rear of the box had the scene on it . Me and my brother had many a tete-a-tete over who got to do the actual transference.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
anyone manage to break there `tonka toy`..still got it ...happy days
Never did manage to break my Tonka Toy... they were a lot better then, proper metal toys, stood up to all sorts of punishment & really worked well too... To this day I'm not sure where it went.

I also remember Action Man, the proper one with the fuzzzy hair doo & the scar, even had the bearded one with the Seafaring commando outfit & the rollneck jumper... class.

Yeah I remmember thos transfer pictures, though the best ones were the ones with the stickers that worked via static, as they could be lifted & replaced et-infinitum until you were happy.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Was never allowed tin can alley, thiugh I sold all my early / mid 70's action man stuff a few years ago as I needed the money. A collector bought it, so I'm glad it all went to a good home. Kinda still wish I had it though. I would have got a lot of pleasure seeing my son play with it.