Help to find a 70's toy/game

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Had an action man with "gripping hands" my mate had the one with the pull string on the back.

My mate (spoilt git) also had the Johnny 7 machine gun (remember that anyone?)

Striker - pressed the footballers head down to kick the ball. Class football game.

I remember nagging for ages and getting "Ricochet Racers" for Christmas. It was a big plastic gun that you loaded with a toy car type thing and shot it at a selection of plastic barrels. Kept me amused for several hours.

My brother had the green Thunderbird plane type thing (the one with Pod 4 inside)
He also had the James Bond Aston Martin with the rockets up front, bulletproof shield in the back. Oh, and he also had the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car as well.

Several years ago we bought our son the Buzz Lightyear. I made sure we kept the packaging as I was convinced it would be worth a mint in a few years time. Suppose it will be, but not the one we had as he saw some severe battle action in the hands of my son.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah the good old days when action man was allowed to fight real historical battles before the PC brigade got hold of him. Now destined to spend the rest of this days batting eco terrorists and villains that would embarass the worst of Bond films.

Used to love my Tin Can Alley though.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
My action man had WW2 RAF Spitfire pilot outfit, which was a fav of mine. But strangely so was the WW2 German infantry outfit. Though of course with 4 action men the German one never 'won'.

Yep, things were definately un pc back then.

I wonder if the latest 'muscle' action man has an Osama Bin Laden outfit as well?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Several years ago we bought our son the Buzz Lightyear. I made sure we kept the packaging as I was convinced it would be worth a mint in a few years time. Suppose it will be, but not the one we had as he saw some severe battle action in the hands of my son.

keeping the packaging is a post Antiques Roadshow thing.
when I was a kid toys were meant to be played with, unto the death. the final end of many a dinky car was nailed to a board and used as, what we later realised, a primitive skateboard (which didn't appear until years later).