Thoughts on these, a pal has just ordered them

Attachments

• 127822F6-1307-4889-8DB3-36C5800B77CF.jpeg
    127822F6-1307-4889-8DB3-36C5800B77CF.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 80

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My thoughts are the same as the covers that most manufacturers currently supply- they do not protect graphite shafts.

I am function not form person

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My thoughts are the same as the covers that most manufacturers currently supply- they do not protect graphite shafts.

I am function not form person

I got a lovely pressie off the golf monthly forum for doing a review on a Ping driver. However I ripped the Ping head cover to bits. It never protected the graphite shaft. A pal gave me an old head cover and the sleeve off that is now sewn into the Ping headcover.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got a lovely pressie off the golf monthly forum for doing a review on a Ping driver. However I ripped the Ping head cover to bits. It never protected the graphite shaft. A pal gave me an old head cover and the sleeve off that is now sewn into the Ping headcover.

I still use the good old sock covers which go all the way down to the top of the dividers. Different colours so I know which club is which.

dronfield

Visit site
I still use the good old sock covers which go all the way down to the top of the dividers. Different colours so I know which club is which.

I like the sock covers for the traditional look, and ordered 3 from a site where you could design your own (ie, stripes & pom pom colours), and got them done in the Sheff Utd red/white and black theme.
Whilst i thought they looked good, in practice i found that they kept falling off the clubs (i carry), and took ages to dry when they got wet.
Now prefer the large synthetic ones that manufacturers supply - but as has been said, the shaft protection is unfortunately minimal.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I stuck some microfibre cloth to the top of each slot in my bag where graphite shafts are. No worries about shorter headcovers then;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm constantly battling with my head covers on a couple of clubs, mainly my 4 hybrid and my 7w, they're the longish neck woollen bobble type, but as I carry more that I use a trolley still, they work their way off and I end up taking them off and sticking them in my bag, its bloody annoying!