Have you? are you?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Since starting to play again 12 years ago, my handicap started at 11 went up to 12, down to 9, and now 11 again. I might be the only one on the forum that handicap might be exactly the same as when I joined. ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Since starting to play again 12 years ago, my handicap started at 11 went up to 12, down to 9, and now 11 again. I might be the only one on the forum that handicap might be exactly the same as when I joined. ?
You're always crap........until you need a birdie on the last to halve the match :cry::mad:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
10 or 9 when i joined in 2011 i think .
Currently 7.
Paid couple of visits to 6 .

Think i can get to 5 , worked hard over winter to try get lower game was in great spot early doors . Wasted now .

We see ?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was a great start, joined the forum not long after taking up the game, winning my first forum meet down in Brighton. I can’t remember the forum name of the guy I partnered but it was a good day out.

Winnings paid for a nice Burger King on the way home!

I think I played off my first handicap that day which was 17, and got down to 12 by my second summer of golf. Then to 11 after three years.

I kept losing my job after that then had a child so Golf is now a rare thing for me. I’m probably off around 14 or so now if I could actually afford a membership.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a great start, joined the forum not long after taking up the game, winning my first forum meet down in Brighton. I can’t remember the forum name of the guy I partnered but it was a good day out.

Winnings paid for a nice Burger King on the way home!

Think that might have been me :unsure:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Terrible memory so don’t terrorise me if I dont get this right ?

Been playing 7 years I think, joined a club and this parish soon after with a diabolical 27hc. I’m pretty sure I’ve finished every season lower than I started it. Now off 13.

Can I get lower? Obviously
Will I get lower? I’m sure I can at the club I play, not sure how well the hc will travel tho

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
When I joined here, I think I was around 6-7, having kids and work meant golf got neglected a bit and it rose gradually and eventually stopped 11.5 for a 12 handicap for a week, had a couple of lessons, and on the road back down, currently 6.8, last season finished too early as I was steadily coming down.
I think that cutting down the poor holes caused by bad decisions seems to have helped a little on top of the technique changes.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When I joined here nearly five years ago I had just been allocated my first handicap of 26. At the end of each subsequent year it has come down one shot. Hoping it won't take me another four years to get down to 18 though.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Joined when I pretty much first started playing in 2007. My first handicap was 17 and its never gone higher.

Just checked my club comps and I managed to get to 10 / 9 handicap in 2015, then, 2015 to 2018 I bounced between 7/8 and I'd say the past 2 years is when I've played my best golf. Managed to get to cat 1 a couple of times last season and finished 2019 season on 5.5.

I think i can get to 4 and sustain it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I joined in 2007. I am guessing I,played off 12. I was off 12 for about 20 years, so it can't be far wrong as a guess. I got down to 8.8, mangled my ankle, took lessons, messed up my head, and am now at 10.2.

Can I get back to 9? For sure. I just need to play my tidiest games on the day of the comp, instead of the day before, or after. Can I get lower than 9? Maybe. It won't come from new clubs, lessons, practice, apps, aids, or any of that junk. It could come from a bit of positive thinking though, but not nlp type stuff. My Mrs is into all that, and to me it is total mumbo jumbo, and either utter garbage, or bleeding obvious.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Not quite the only one. I joined when I started playing again in 2013 after a 20 year hiatus. My first handicap was 12, managed to get down to 7 (briefly) a couple of years later. Now back up to 12, mainly because my best drives only go about 170 yards so GIR are few and far between. On a really good day when the ball is running (like it is now) I can nip under 80, but at the age of 63 with ongoing physical issues I suspect the days of single figures are behind me. Still be trying though.

Visit site
As stated earlier richart, I have been 12 for 10 years, and joined here two years ago. You're not alone, but at least you can say you've been single figures.......I can't!!