Have you? are you?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve been on this site over 10 years and not everything goes in and stays in.
1.Have you lowered your handicap since you have been on the forum?
2.Are you still improving or do you feel you can still improve your game and handicap?

I was a 12 hp when I joined in 2009 currently a 6hp

I am still improving and believe a 5hp is in there.
My driving is so much better and my irons have always been good.
My wedge play is good.
Holing more of my birdie chances would get me over the line.

You?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No my handicap had gone up (and dont have one currently as not a member/not back playing yet)
Game definitely deteriorated, along with some injuries, but still think I will be able to improve again when I get back playing regularly

Driver horrific (long but wayward)
Irons good
Short game variable (can be good can be horrific)
Putting excellent

If I can drive it ok I can get it round in a decent score

D

Deleted member 18121

I've gone roughly from 24 to 13... But last 2 years I've barely played but can still get round in around handicap. I'd like to commit more time to the game and get to single figures but I just can't play as much as I used to and don't have time to practice.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can't remember
Yes. Will always need to work hard on my game as someone not overly gifted. Its something I enjoy anyway and always go out trying to play the best I can and definitely some areas I need to work on and if I can make gains in these I can get better

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
When I joined I’d have been off about 25
I got down to 18 but then health issues meant that it is now 21.6

However I am now as good as I’m going to be medically, feel good and scored 35 points the other day (with 3 blobs)

I feel I can get back down to 18 again, maybe a tad less :)

D

Deleted member 16999

Been here 7 years in Nov, handicap reduced from about 16 to 10 I believe.

Hope to get to single figures, especially as I’m retired, still love the game and one day get back to forum meets.

Visit site
I have been on here for just over two years, and I have been off 12 for over 10 years. Can't get it down.
My ambition is single figures, but as I'm approaching 70, it will need a concerted effort.

D

Deleted member 1147

Handicap has more than halved from 10 to 4, and I have kept improving a bit each year (some years more than others)

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I joined the forum as a warm up before re-joining golf proper. Was bit of a saga with handicap when I did join a club (documented in the archives on here), but would say around 13. Current handicap is 9, although now 8 months since a qualifier!
Like to tinker, recent lockdown gave more scope for that, rough plan is to improve the technique some more before father time's impact becomes too large.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Joined here before I started playing.
First handicap was 14, now playing off 3.
I’m getting close to my lowest for sure, without practice (which I don’t do) I’ll be amazed if I can get much lower than 2.

D

Deleted member 15344

Think I was on 5 when I joined , dropped to 4 at one point then back to 5 - a few Others will be able to tell you more

Still just hit it straight and safe Most of the time , managed to find some more distance and close to get back to 4 , reckon I could sneak down to 3

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can't remember
Yes. Will always need to work hard on my game as someone not overly gifted. Its something I enjoy anyway and always go out trying to play the best I can and definitely some areas I need to work on and if I can make gains in these I can get better

you sure you cant remember Homie? thought you used to be an assistant pro and then off low single figs? surely youre current double digits means youve gone up over the 10+ years youve been on here

nothing wrong with having gone up be plenty others who have me included

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think I was on 5 when I joined , dropped to 4 at one point then back to 5 - a few Others will be able to tell you more

Still just hit it straight and safe Most of the time , managed to find some more distance and close to get back to 4 , reckon I could sneak down to 3

im sure someone posted youd left cat 1 at one point Phil ;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
12 years ago....strewth I cant remember that far back...probably off 8 or 9
Been down, come up, still off 8...just...
Handicap will be what it will be - probably go up a tad as I'm still getting used to the new course.

D

Deleted member 1147

Can't remember
You strike me as someone who practices too much without improving, and therefore could benefit from just getting out on the course and playing.
Learn to score rather than hit the ball.

D

Deleted member 25172

1. Yes, I joined the forum in October 2018, which was pretty much the same time as I joined my first ever golf club and was given a 13 handicap. I’m down to 8.7 now after a great summer last year.
2. Without doubt. I’m generally driving the ball better and longer than I’ve ever done before, but that is also costing me, cause when I miss with the driver, it’s off, and I mean OFF. My putting has been another Achilles heel for me, but at the moment it works remarkably well. I hope to get down to at least 7 this year. In truth, if I don’t come down to 6 I’ll be a little bit dissapointed.